Hallows Blessing for the Ancestors

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
44569124_1918480131581135_4554538025400401920_n.jpg

Feeling a direct connection to my ancestors this evening. Close to where my family live in County Donegal, Ireland when I'm there I visit the stone circle at a place called Beltany. This was a ritual site associated with marking the agricultural Celtic year – the summer and winter Solstices and Equinox. The Celtic Ritual Year was in 4 parts – Beltaine (May), Samhain (November) the main parts and Imbolg (February) and Lughnasa (August). Beltany may be linked to marking both sunrise and sunset at these important ritual and ceremonial events in the year.

I go there alone to contemplate in a site 5000 years old that nobody visits anymore.

Feeling a direct connection to my ancestors this evening. Close to where my family live in County Donegal, Ireland when I'm there I visit the stone circle at a place called Beltany. This was a ritual site associated with marking the agricultural Celtic year – the summer and winter Solstices and Equinox. The Celtic Ritual Year was in 4 parts – Beltaine (May), Samhain (November) the main parts and Imbolg (February) and Lughnasa (August). Beltany may be linked to marking both sunrise and sunset at these important ritual and ceremonial events in the year.

I go there alone to contemplate in a site 5000 years old that nobody visits anymore.
I'm suddenly crying.

Reactions: TonyM

Man, I gotta cross the pond at some point.

Reactions: TonyM