Halloween Props #2

Tworivers71

Bigfoot Researcher
Reaction score
OK folks, this is hands-down, my favorite prop that I’ve ever built, and it has now considered one of my most prized possessions. I am fearful someone will steal it, so I decided starting last night to put him up every single night. This is Johnny Appleseed, the most bad azz scarecrow ever. The Father, of all scarecrows. Johnny sports a real, anatomical resin skull, with burlap and latex to form his mask. His stick fingers detach for storage as well as his head. I left him out from September through January last year in hot weather, rain cold, and frost. The aging on his trenchcoat is real. Pic #2909 shows him in early morning Winter frost. Pic #2522 shows him last year in a driving rain storm. This is a replica of the original made by the famous Pumpkinrot. He told me of all the people who have done a copy, mine is his favorite, which is an Honor.

Attachments

• IMG_5217.jpeg
    IMG_5217.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5238.jpeg
    IMG_5238.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2522.jpeg
    IMG_2522.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
OK folks, this is hands-down, my favorite prop that I’ve ever built, and it has now considered one of my most prized possessions. I am fearful someone will steal it, so I decided starting last night to put him up every single night. This is Johnny Appleseed, the most bad azz scarecrow ever. The Father, of all scarecrows. Johnny sports a real, anatomical resin skull, with burlap and latex to form his mask. His stick fingers detach for storage as well as his head. I left him out from September through January last year in hot weather, rain cold, and frost. The aging on his trenchcoat is real. Pic #2909 shows him in early morning Winter frost. Pic #2522 shows him last year in a driving rain storm. This is a replica of the original made by the famous Pumpkinrot. He told me of all the people who have done a copy, mine is his favorite, which is an Honor.
Thats freaking amazing!!!!! You really put a lot of detail into this and the craftsmanship is just amazing! I am having my oldest decorate our new home and shes like you, very talented. I am excited to see what she comes up with!

Thats freaking amazing!!!!! You really put a lot of detail into this and the craftsmanship is just amazing! I am having my oldest decorate our new home and shes like you, very talented. I am excited to see what she comes up with!
Thank you!! Send me Pics when shes done!

He's pretty cool Lonny! Love the look of the green light at night. I haven't delved too much in HP Lovecraft, but what i have, is some pretty dark stuff for sure. I may have to start reading some of his work again. Been years.

Reactions: Lynne