Halloween Costumes!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
OK, this will be an ongoing topic thro Halloween! Everybody loves costumes...if not wearing one, seeing others in them.

What was your favortie(s) costume as a kid? And what was the best costume you ever wore as an adult?

See any really cool costumes out there to share with us? Post them here!

Reactions: DoTell and Mokey
I can't remember my favorite as a kid, but my favorite as an adult was a really sassy, sexy witch. Had this great black dress, sky high heels, press on long black finger nails, hair completely ratted out and streaked with black. I wore it to a law school halloween party and it shocked a lot of people because in school I was very reserved and quiet. They probably may have had a clue as to my witchiness because I'd also write up dream interpretations for anybody who asked. After that party I think it was well known. lol
I have to look for a pic of my middle daughter dressed up as a prison inmate one year and post it. Soooo cute. Found it:

291046_10150592593624129_469664306_o.jpg

Each year at the hospital where I worked, we had a "haunted hallways" for the children from town to come for safe trick or treat night. I was in charge of the event for 11 years.....full out decor for 6,000 feet of hallways. (Pretty sure I broke every fire code in the book for the week it took me to spider web and decorate the place.) Had a squad of 40 people who dressed up and scared the pants off the kids coming thro. For 10 years I came as the witch...broom and all. Then the last year we did a haunted church scene, complete with organ playing ghost. Decided I'd go as a nun, and borrowed a few real items from a friend. (No, I did NOT catch fire while handling the rosery beads, thanks....) I went to the cafeteria for lunch on Halloween dressed as the nun, and I had people greeting me "Hello, Sister" and "Here, have a seat here Sister". It was quite an adventure for a wiccan!

Those vintage phtos show home made work and ingenuity withut a lot to work with I am fascinated by them.

Gosh, I have been a pregnant nun, border patrol agent, and hooker on Halloween. Been a witch several times and a vampire. Once went as a jar of jelly beans. Gotta get my thinking cap on. My favorite holiday is coming up fast...