Guns, Ammo, and Gun Gear

I wish I trusted automatics not to jam

Good quality pistols are trustworthy for the most part,.... Jams and malfunctions are a lot of times caused by user error such as " limp wristing" ( not a good grip or not strong enough), not practicing enough to get to know the weapon, ( types of ammo it runs good) or break it in properly, etc....
But that being said, unless you're a skilled shooter and practice often, a revolver is the best choice....esp. If you have to shoot off handed or one handed. Which may be the case in a defensive situation....( and should be part of your practice routine)..

Good quality pistols are trustworthy for the most part,.... Jams and malfunctions are a lot of times caused by user error such as " limp wristing" ( not a good grip or not strong enough), not practicing enough to get to know the weapon, ( types of ammo it runs good) or break it in properly, etc....
But that being said, unless you're a skilled shooter and practice often, a revolver is the best choice....esp. If you have to shoot off handed or one handed. Which may be the case in a defensive situation....( and should be part of your practice routine)..
Great advice. :cool:

Reactions: Paulm
Fifteen Great Concealed Carry Handguns according to USCCA.

I'm always a little leery of lists like this unless I know and trust the source, in some cases it's a question of whether or not a particular company/product bought their way into the good graces of the raters/publication. Does USCCA magazine feature advertising from firearm manufacturers?

I do question the inclusion of the Ruger LCP in a list of "great concealed carry guns."

Reactions: Seahunter and Paulm
I'm always a little leery of lists like this unless I know and trust the source, in some cases it's a question of whether or not a particular company/product bought their way into the good graces of the raters/publication. Does USCCA magazine feature advertising from firearm manufacturers?

I do question the inclusion of the Ruger LCP in a list of "great concealed carry guns."

True. I also question the Taurus millineum and the kel tek p11.....interesting note though, the belt / pocket clip on the kel tek actually meets the definition of "holster" in some districts that don't allow just pocket carry.....

Edited to say I don't necessarily think these are " bad" guns, just not sure they should be called "great".

Last edited:
Reactions: Seahunter
Fifteen Great Concealed Carry Handguns according to USCCA.

I, for one, enjoy lists like this. Remember, they did not say these were the only 15 concealed carry handguns to carry. Just 15 they thought were great. I think any handgun is a great concealed handgun - as long as you have the training and know what you are doing. Just about any handgun can be carried concealed-as long as you know how:D!

Reactions: Seahunter and Paulm
I, for one, enjoy lists like this. Remember, they did not say these were the only 15 concealed carry handguns to carry. Just 15 they thought were great. I think any handgun is a great concealed handgun - as long as you have the training and know what you are doing. Just about any handgun can be carried concealed-as long as you know how:D!
Oh, I LOVE lists like this.....although they do tend to shrink my wallet in the long run.....lol....
Agree with ya 100% though.