Grateful!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Five years ago today, I went into respiratory arrest, had an NDE, and woke up in the E/R with a prognosis of 20% chance of living for 5 years. And here I am! Still kicking, still breathing, and very grateful for the opportunity to be here with family and friends!

My doc recently changed that prognosis. I appear to be upgraded. ;bg3 I celebrate today and just wanted to remind everyone during these crazy times that although things in life sometimes appear to be overwhelming, never give up. Stay grateful for each day and believe in miracles. Find joy in life, and remember to love one another. Laugh and love, people.

364719421_246511278320973_3158967753932532329_n.jpg

Five years ago today, I went into respiratory arrest, had an NDE, and woke up in the E/R with a prognosis of 20% chance of living for 5 years. And here I am! Still kicking, still breathing, and very grateful for the opportunity to be here with family and friends!

My doc recently changed that prognosis. I appear to be upgraded. ;bg3 I celebrate today and just wanted to remind everyone during these crazy times that although things in life sometimes appear to be overwhelming, never give up. Stay grateful for each day and believe in miracles. Find joy in life, and remember to love one another. Laugh and love, people.

View attachment 50228
Well i am grateful to have gotten to know you Debi and some of the members/staff of the PNF. I 100% agree laughter and love are essential in everyday life. Without, people can find themselves in dark places believing there is no way out. You keep the lights on a site that could very well help someone in a situation like that.

View attachment 50228
congrats on the upgrade, we all hope youll be here with us for quite a while longer. and yes everyone, stay grateful for everything that comes your way, for every lesson learned, for every person you meet, for every morning you wake, and for each and every blessing you receive.

congrats on the upgrade, we all hope youll be here with us for quite a while longer. and yes everyone, stay grateful for everything that comes your way, for every lesson learned, for every person you meet, for every morning you wake, and for each and every blessing you receive.
Amen to those words Paul. Debi, I don't recall you ever telling us about the 20percent thing, I may have put it out of my mind due to shock. I am so glad you broke the prediction and pray you continue to be with us. I feel a need to celebrate today.

Amen to those words Paul. Debi, I don't recall you ever telling us about the 20percent thing, I may have put it out of my mind due to shock. I am so glad you broke the prediction and pray you continue to be with us. I feel a need to celebrate today.
I did not share all the details at the time. They "Stage" COPD, much like cancer, and the Stage they accessed at the time was Stage 4. My current doc has placed me at Stage 3. The degree of damage has not changed but the new meds have changed the impact of the symptoms. Besides that, I had chosen to ignore any expiration dates they wanted to stamp on me. :)

Thanks to all for celebrating this with me!

You have made a great difference to my life Debi, you are humble and beyond kind. You have been like a sister or mum to me and you're not going anywhere yet :);h. You are also the nicest witch I've ever met by the way.
Yes, I totally agree, we all love you to the moon and back and life here would have a gaping hole without you.

View attachment 50228
Im so glad youre still here too :)