Ghosts and the afterlife

It would be interesting if someone thought they saw a ghost of a family member to draw up a list of questions that only a true family member would know the answers to and then ask the ghost the questions and see what types of replies they give.
I did this and got no true answers but felt a sickening, evil type presence, this wasn't family.

I think this relates to what you posted, or not , lol.
sorta, kinda...lol..... for a true, hardcore skeptic, i think they can be in the most active place there is and will probably not see or feel anything other than their own fears....for someone open to the possibilities they may get glimpses, feelings, etc... for someone who accepts what is possible its then another whole world out there....lol (you know what i mean.)... this could possibly even apply to being read or felt to an extent, their skepticism acts as a shield (so to speak) and are hard to read by anyone other than an experiance empath or psychic...... people are easier to read when they are emotional because their guard is down and their emotions are going all over the place.... calm, organized people put up shield making it harder to penetrate, perhaps this is why controlled experiments are bound to fail from the beginning....... i dunno, just ponderings on my part.

• Love it
Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
That's how I was getting a while ago and losing belief, faith and myself. I was thinking all this is in the mind of the individual and there is no reality to it. I didn't like being skeptical to this point.
your uneasiness was stemming from the change of this not being who you are. a door has been opened that is almost impossible to be closed afterwards. to go back is to change your core of who you have become. to change now is to be miserable.......something will always be missing

• Hands Clapping
  • Love it
Reactions: ozentity and Debi
It would be interesting if someone thought they saw a ghost of a family member to draw up a list of questions that only a true family member would know the answers to and then ask the ghost the questions and see what types of replies they give.

Also, why would any ghost be staying around instead of moving to whatever is next?
A list of questions might be a good idea to set up with your close friends or family members however whatever or whomever is answering from the other side may not be someone you know. That dimension may have access to our history so no one can be sure. I think the best proof of life after death comes from "Near Death Experiences" NDE's. People giving their own opinion of what happened to them when they left their bodies. We have a lot of posts on that here if you are not familiar.

On the topic of why a spirit may stay earth bound, I think they are fearful of the things they did in the body might have ramifications (fear of God). They may also have an attachment to their things or family so strong they won't leave. I think over time they decide to cross over. When the place they lived in changes so much they are no longer comfortable. Or perhaps they fade away as their energy dissipates.

Reactions: Paulm