Funeral sighting

upload_2019-7-6_8-48-25.jpeg

How about this one. This is a buckboard wagon.

Reactions: Debi
Rowan222, that had to be something to experience. Have you considered how your partner saw it too? .

No to either of those I'm afraid.

The driver was higher - his feet were the same height as the flat bed, with a block type bench for him to sit on.
Wheels were about the same, but the back was very thin with a slight lip around it. Gold writing along the side of it too.

No idea how she saw it too but is also sensitive as me and we have shared images like this before.

If anything it was similar to this, but maybe the wheels were larger, and the front seat was more of a basic box.
e36976c930f4d6852ca9f0097ed6ad1a.jpg

Just noticed the side of this cart has writing on it along the thin edge. Was that a thing then maybe?

Quite depressing looking at all those photo's. But I have figured out a lot of them had black side cloths with silver ribbon trim in various designs - some as a square, so that fits, and the black horse plumes were a tradition too, but most of what I see in photo's they are all too long and showy compared to what I saw then.

It could have been a brewery drey cart re-purposed for a funeral as I first thought too. Most of the early ones were flat bed and I have seen most had writing along the sides.

Reactions: Lynne
It is quite remarkable that both you and your partner had similar visions. The tragic death of that girl must have resulted in a tremendous amount of grief and anguish amongst both the family and community. Perhaps that is how these events got imprinted or encoded into that area such that you could experience them as a vision so many years later. Have you considered going back there maybe under the same conditions to try and see them again?

Reactions: Lynne
I could go back and see if I get anything. Here's another photo, this time of a milk dray, strangely it is also from Aberdeen, and is about right for the size, length, wheels and flat bed. The only difference is that mine had two horses not one, but I also read you could change that - early dealership options lol!
Notice it does have the writing down the sides!
FindlayDairyHorseCastleSt.jpg

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Great sharing of ideas on this topic. Rowan if you go back let us know what happens. How cool that you and your partner can share and discuss these events.