Friday is Fountain Pen Day

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
Yes, it's Fountain Pen Day. While most people don't use fountain pens any more, I thought I would see what your favorite pens and or pencils are out there. To some people a pen is just a pen, but to those who write a lot for work or pleasure, a pen can be something to get excited or care about.

I do write with fountain pens whenever I can. For those times when they will not work, such as filling out forms on non-fountain pen friendly paper, or on carbonless forms, I do use ballpoint pens. My favorite pens are Fisher Space Pens and refills. I also like pens from Retro 51 and Caran d'Ache. My other favorites are Pelikan and Montblanc.

How about you - do you have a favorite pen(s)? How about the trusty Parker Jotter. They're no longer made here, but still as popular as ever. Maybe a 50-cent disposable is more your style?

Let us know below!

Last edited:
This is the famous Fisher "Bullet" Space Pen in a few varieties. Fisher pens are the ones that can write upside down, under water, in freezing cold, etc.

fisher_space_pen_bullet_space_pen_finishes__88432.1455643165.jpg

Here is the Montblanc Meisterstück Le Grand Ballpoint in Platinum, a classic look in the office or for fun. At the top of the pen is the unmistakable logo for Montblanc, the "snow peak" representing the snow cap on Mont Blanc from above.

mon7569a.jpg

Cool beans. I'm more utilitarian and got excited when gel ink pens came out. I really liked a nice pen inspired by Frank Loyd Write.

I don't have a favorite pen, but I do have a favorite mechanical pencil, Pentel .5mm.
Pencils are great too! Sometimes the job requires it, like when I studied accounting in school. When I was drafting ships, I used this Alvin Draft-Matic and always loved it! And sometimes it's just fun to write with a pencil!

Alvin-Draft-Matic-Gear-Patrol.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter