Fred Flintstone or George Jetson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
Okay, so "poof" you have a time machine...

Do you go want to go back in time (Fred), or into the future (George)?

Where and/or "when" do you want to go to??

This is really tough for me, because I love history!

I guess it's pretty "standard", but I'd love to go back to the time of Jesus and see for myself what was going on!

How about going back and witnessing the Roswell incident?

I think my biggest contribution to mankind however, would be to go back to the fall of 1949, and violate the "Prime Directive" and some how, some way, prevent Whorge's parents.... from - eeeewwwwww... "creating" Whorge so late night radio would not be destroyed. :p

Reactions: surge
I think my biggest contribution to mankind however, would be to go back to the fall of 1949, and violate the "Prime Directive" and some how, some way, prevent Whorge's parents.... from - eeeewwwwww... "creating" Whorge so late night radio would not be destroyed. :p
YES! A service to all of mankind!

I think I'd like to go back in time, but not to the stone age. Maybe to the 40's or 50's in this country. That seemed to be the best time in this country. I would be afraid of going to the future because of the shock. It seems cool on the surface to go into the future, but I wouldn't understand what they would be saying. Think about it, if someone from the '70's suddenly came into this timeframe and you asked them to Google something or asked them about the latest tweet, or about carbon footprints, ect. they would be lost. When you think of all the "new" lingo that we use, someone from even 20 years ago would be lost. I would hate to be the one who needed an explanation of things every 10 minutes!

YES! A service to all of mankind!

I think I'd like to go back in time, but not to the stone age. Maybe to the 40's or 50's in this country. That seemed to be the best time in this country. I would be afraid of going to the future because of the shock. It seems cool on the surface to go into the future, but I wouldn't understand what they would be saying. Think about it, if someone from the '70's suddenly came into this timeframe and you asked them to Google something or asked them about the latest tweet, or about carbon footprints, ect. they would be lost. When you think of all the "new" lingo that we use, someone from even 20 years ago would be lost. I would hate to be the one who needed an explanation of things every 10 minutes!
Yes, a much simpler time sounds pretty good!

I have no desire to see the future either. It's all I can do to operate in the present! :p

Reactions: Naked Apple
Can you imagine asking someone from the past:

Can you google this address, I need to put it into my GPS.

:confused:

Why are you looking at me like that? Just log onto the net and Google it. Yes, I am speaking English!

Last edited:
Can you imagine asking someone from the past:

Can you google this address, I need to put it into my GPS.

:confused:
Good point, it's a whole different language!

And if you handed them a GPS or cell phone, they'd have no idea what is was or how to use it. When I was taking an archaeology class, we did this exact exercise in reverse. The professor would bring in some object and we tried to guess what it was. Taken out of context, and maybe only a piece of something else, we of course would rarely guess what is was. The whole point was to train your mind how to look at things that we may discover during a dig and try to figure out their function or use. It also demonstrates how knowledge and technology can be lost over time.

Reactions: surge
My initial thought was to answer with "neither", and then I read the question. :p

I would go back in time, but I'd have trouble picking just one "when"!

Medieval Europe is fascinating, until, as I've said before, I remember all the hardships I would endure. No keeping food in the fridge, no showers, no radio or electricity. :eek: Maybe I could take it for a few days. :rolleyes:

I also like Nekki's choice of post-WWII America. The country was booming, the cars were works of art, and rock n' roll was in it's nascent stage. It would be an amazing era to experience.

I think America during the frontier era would be an exciting time, but I come back to the lack of amenities. :eek:

Sorry...I won't get in the time-machine! lol It's too techy for me! :D I don't even own a cell phone. You think I'd voluntarily climb into something that could scramble my atoms? Nooooooo! :eek:

Sorry...I won't get in the time-machine! lol It's too techy for me! :D I don't even own a cell phone. You think I'd voluntarily climb into something that could scramble my atoms? Nooooooo! :eek:
Ah, good point!

Never thought of option "C", none of the above! :D

Reactions: Debi
It's perfectly safe, Deb. Just ask John Titor. :D

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.