Forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Reading the news often makes my head spin at some of the atrocities I see happening in the world. Here we are at Christmas time when the message is "Peace on earth, good will towards men" and I have to wonder, how does one forgive some of what happens? Is there some sort of magical line where on one side it's forgivable and on the other it's not? It's one thing to forgive your sister for something she did last year at Christmas dinner, but it seems to me it's a whole different thing when you're looking at the Taliban beheading children. Then there's that whole other grey area in between the two. And what if the "sin" is still ongoing? There is no repentance on the part of the other person? What then? So there are my questions today. Deep, heavy stuff, but what say you?

Reminder: Join Jim Malliard tonight at 9 PM at ITalkParanormal.com for a visit with John S. Weiss as he talks about his book concerning his lessons of the Afterlife.

Reactions: Shadow
If memory serves me (which sometimes it does and sometimes not so much! lol) I believe John S. Weiss believes all souls go to one place...Hitler and Mother Theresa can get together and have tea even. Kind of makes my head swim at the thought, which brings up my original question of forgiveness.

Reactions: Shadow
Forgiveness can be difficult. Sometimes when I am in a spiritual mood, I feel that I forgive everyone in this life and past ones and absolve them of any karma they have towards me. Then a few days later I may think of someone who was an ass to me and be pissed off at them again. I think I need to be able to separate anger from the forgiveness and realize it's OK to be angry that someone harmed me, but still be able to forgive them and absolve them without the anger getting in the way.

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
Yup...I'm still working on this particular area of my life. :oops:

OK...so according to John Weiss's theory, all these ISIS guys are going to the same place as the good guys? That's where it all falls apart for me. No slap on the wrists even after beheadings???

That's just after we leave the physical body behind.
I kind of think of his version as a waiting room area where you'll find all types of people before they move on to their new locations.
I'd like a separate room, please...I don't own a Burka. Robes, yes....

Reactions: Seahunter
There is no repentance on the part of the other person? What then?
I think forgiveness is necessary for one's own sake, whatever the transgression. Easier said than done, I know. If there is no repentance, once you have forgiven it's no longer on your head but on theirs.

Reactions: Seahunter
Status
Not open for further replies.