Forest UFO

Cartof

Reaction score
I have written in in this site once today and I was so delighted with the feedback, I’ve decided to share a UFO story. I doubt it will be as extravagant or intense as others amazing stories, but it will be satisfying to get the story out. I was on vacation 2 years ago in Northern California, staying in the redwoods. It was about dusk. There was a clearing in a section of trees, we were about to eat, and I happened to glance up at the sky and noticed a small dark object moving across the sky, id guess 2,000-3,000 feet high. It was very high up and made no sound, it was also a perfect circle. It was definitely not a bird or a plane or helicoptor, I thought it may be a drone, but are there any drones that are a perfect circular shape? And this thing was moving! I’d be beyond impressed if a drone could move this fast. It was extremely high up and it disappeared into the sky beyond our sight within seconds. I fully believe Aliens exist in our universe, but I’m still puzzled by this super speed disk I saw in the woods. Could it have been an alien piloted craft? I’m not sure, would love any ideas or explanations.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
I have written in in this site once today and I was so delighted with the feedback, I’ve decided to share a UFO story. I doubt it will be as extravagant or intense as others amazing stories, but it will be satisfying to get the story out. I was on vacation 2 years ago in Northern California, staying in the redwoods. It was about dusk. There was a clearing in a section of trees, we were about to eat, and I happened to glance up at the sky and noticed a small dark object moving across the sky, id guess 2,000-3,000 feet high. It was very high up and made no sound, it was also a perfect circle. It was definitely not a bird or a plane or helicoptor, I thought it may be a drone, but are there any drones that are a perfect circular shape? And this thing was moving! I’d be beyond impressed if a drone could move this fast. It was extremely high up and it disappeared into the sky beyond our sight within seconds. I fully believe Aliens exist in our universe, but I’m still puzzled by this super speed disk I saw in the woods. Could it have been an alien piloted craft? I’m not sure, would love any ideas or explanations.
All sorts of things are possible with this one. And I'm a believer, as you will see by my own encounter with a UFO you can find in the sticky section here.

That high up, it's possible it could have been a ballon catching a good stream of wind. Also a possible is a Chinese Lantern. They can get up there in altitude and do some zipping along. And, then again, could have been an alien craft or even a test plane. Did you report it to any tracking sites? Remember the date of it? If you can give a specific location, we have someone that can also check for anyone else seeing something on that date and in that place.

All sorts of things are possible with this one. And I'm a believer, as you will see by my own encounter with a UFO you can find in the sticky section here.

That high up, it's possible it could have been a ballon catching a good stream of wind. Also a possible is a Chinese Lantern. They can get up there in altitude and do some zipping along. And, then again, could have been an alien craft or even a test plane. Did you report it to any tracking sites? Remember the date of it? If you can give a specific location, we have someone that can also check for anyone else seeing something on that date and in that place.
McCloud California, mid July of 2017. That’s the closest I can get on a date. I didn’t report it to anyone. Thanks. I honestly wouldn’t be disappointed with any answer. What I saw has been in my mind for some time.

Cool encounter, 2000 - 3000 feet is not very high, I actually have quite a bit of exp. At those heights....a comparison is think about most airliners, they fly at 30000 ft,.. Was what you saw at airliner heights,???lower,??? higher????. Could you guess a size of the craft compared to an airliner....there are circular drones, but a size guess may be able to eliminate hobby type drones.....any other info you can give may help others to narrow down what it may have been.

Reactions: Debi and Duke
Cool encounter, 2000 - 3000 feet is not very high, I actually have quite a bit of exp. At those heights....a comparison is think about most airliners, they fly at 30000 ft,.. Was what you saw at airliner heights,???lower,??? higher????. Could you guess a size of the craft compared to an airliner....there are circular drones, but a size guess may be able to eliminate hobby type drones.....any other info you can give may help others to narrow down what it may have been.
It surely wasn’t at airliner heights, it was high enough to where I could only see a black circle, but at the speed I saw it flying across the sky I would have guessed it was roughly the size of a car.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi

Paul said everything I was going to say. 2-3k ft is less than half the altitude at which GA aircraft like Cessnas and Pipers routinely fly. And yes, quadcopter drones do appear circular.

Reactions: Paulm
Paul said everything I was going to say. 2-3k ft is less than half the altitude at which GA aircraft like Cessnas and Pipers routinely fly. And yes, quadcopter drones do appear circular.
It surely wasn’t at airliner heights, it was high enough to where I could only see a black circle, but at the speed I saw it flying across the sky I would have guessed it was roughly the size of a car.
Sounds bigger than most hobby type drones, but possibly in the range of hobby R/C craft or at that height possibly ultra light or sport light aircraft......not sure about the circular shape though....but there are new sport light aircraft that are oddly shaped, and fast....esp at that range.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke
Sounds bigger than most hobby type drones, but possibly in the range of hobby R.C craft or at that height possibly ultra light or sport aircraft......not sure about the circular shape though....but there are new sport light aircraft that are oddly shaped, and fast....esp at that range.
Thanks for all the possible explanations!

Sounds bigger than most hobby type drones, but possibly in the range of hobby R.C craft or at that height possibly ultra light or sport aircraft......not sure about the circular shape though....but there are new sport light aircraft that are oddly shaped, and fast....esp at that range.

Yeah possibly, but the perceived size (and speed for that matter) of such an item is obviously a function of its distance from the observer. I'd say his identification of the object being circular is more accurate than his estimated size and distance/altitude. Besides, there are some good size quadcopters out there, I saw one probably 4 ft across at a hobby show a year or so ago.

Reactions: Paintman and Paulm
Thanks for sharing your sighting. It’s always good to get other opinions.