For Sale: Young Blood (Update)

I’m sure 18 YO blood would do the trick anyway. Especially if their adolescent development isn’t completely done. It’s the growth and development factor that counts right?
Growrh and development wouldn't play into this,
growth , development and such is hormonal, testosterone, estrogen, thyroid and pituitary hormones, can't get enough of that from blood donations, this would be more stem cell type experimentation I would think. And even then not sure it would actually make a differance without more " additives". This can't just be transfusions alone, that would be basically just blood doping, which while works is only a very temporary solution...
Not sure just what this is but its more than just young blood.

Reactions: Charleh
that's interesting. they say the queen of england just eats the whole child to stay young and healthy looking. it's an old tradition in the royal family. no offense to our brit members. lol.

Growrh and development wouldn't play into this,
growth , development and such is hormonal, testosterone, estrogen, thyroid and pituitary hormones, can't get enough of that from blood donations, this would be more stem cell type experimentation I would think. And even then not sure it would actually make a differance without more " additives". This can't just be transfusions alone, that would be basically just blood doping, which while works is only a very temporary solution...
Not sure just what this is but its more than just young blood.
Stem cells are usually only good for the person they’re cloned from or their biological mother if I’m not mistaken. But if we’re using all these points in regards to young blood helping with longevity, it sounds like the science behind it would be bunk anyways. I guess the only thing you can use for real results is a bone marrow transplant or something.

Reactions: Paulm
But if we’re using all these points in regards to young blood helping with longevity, it sounds like the science behind it would be bunk anyways..

my guess, as far as just a blood only donation, it would be total bunk... just blood doping basically, may give a feeling of extra strength or energy for a very short time, (just a couple hours at most) anything more than that I think would be a placebo effect.... this I think is just a high dollar scam, a supplement type thing taken WAY too far.... really don't know how the approval would be obtained for such a procedure, but that is also what makes this kinda scary too.....

Reactions: Charleh
Oh yea non believers....there is science behind this. Lots of science articles out there on the subject of what is being called the Vampire Molecule.

Excerpt from one:

"What we identified is that young blood can actually stimulate large changes at the level of the DNA," says Dr. Villeda. "Now what was interesting is this particular protein, an enzyme called Tet2, and it regulates these modifications. And these modifications are known as epigenetic modifications."

As we get older, the levels of the Tet2 enzyme in our brains go down, especially in the hippocampus region, which is associated with learning and memory.

Dr. Villeda says that when they give young blood to older mice, suddenly that enzyme is restored. "Now the really cool part about it is that this protein can cause lots of changes on the DNA because it modifies them. It's a master regulator. You can turn on and off lots of these different genes, so it has a program. So somehow, as we're getting older, it's not just one gene that's changing, entire programs in your DNA are changing. And somehow exposing old animals to young blood can restore these programs, can make them younger at the level of the DNA."
The vampire molecule: scientists discover why young blood helps reverse aging | CBC Radio

There are other articles out there explaining that this also affects the muscle tissue and helps the heart muscle as well.

Reactions: Paulm
Oh yea non believers....there is science behind this. Lots of science articles out there on the subject of what is being called the Vampire Molecule.

Excerpt from one:

"What we identified is that young blood can actually stimulate large changes at the level of the DNA," says Dr. Villeda. "Now what was interesting is this particular protein, an enzyme called Tet2, and it regulates these modifications. And these modifications are known as epigenetic modifications."

As we get older, the levels of the Tet2 enzyme in our brains go down, especially in the hippocampus region, which is associated with learning and memory.

Dr. Villeda says that when they give young blood to older mice, suddenly that enzyme is restored. "Now the really cool part about it is that this protein can cause lots of changes on the DNA because it modifies them. It's a master regulator. You can turn on and off lots of these different genes, so it has a program. So somehow, as we're getting older, it's not just one gene that's changing, entire programs in your DNA are changing. And somehow exposing old animals to young blood can restore these programs, can make them younger at the level of the DNA."
The vampire molecule: scientists discover why young blood helps reverse aging | CBC Radio

There are other articles out there explaining that this also affects the muscle tissue and helps the heart muscle as well.

maybe countess lady Bathory was on to something afterall....lol.
so if this turns out to really work, just think how many ppl will be donating their own blood all through their young years to store for future use in their elder years........hmmmm

Reactions: Debi
This reminds me of the stories of powerful people killing young women and bathing in their blood. Very sick.