Open Lines Florida comes through again!

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/04/man_tries_to_have_sex_with_tre.html

One man ran naked through a Florida neighborhood, tried to have sex with a tree and told police he was the mythical god Thor. Another ran nude down a busy city street in broad daylight, convinced a pack of German shepherds was pursuing him.

Two others tried separately to break into the Fort Lauderdale Police Department. They said they thought people were chasing them; one wound up impaled on a fence.

The common element to these and other bizarre incidents in Florida in the last few months is flakka, an increasingly popular synthetic designer drug. Also known as gravel and readily available for $5 or less a vial, it's a growing problem for police after bursting on the scene in 2013.

It is the latest in a series of synthetic drugs that include Ecstasy and bath salts, but officials say flakka is even easier to obtain in small quantities through the mail. Flakka's active ingredient is a chemical compound called alpha-PVP, which is on the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's list of the controlled substances most likely to be abused. It is usually made overseas in countries such as China and Pakistan.

Why would you take this?!!?

As an aside, I think we could fill a separate section here just chronicling the misdeeds and shenanigans of the residents of the Sunshine State!

Reactions: Debi
They take it because it's cheap, available, and they'll do anything to get high and escape from life. Simple as that.

As for filling a Florida section, it wouldn't be hard lately! I think we're halfway there! lol

Reactions: surge
They take it because it's cheap, available, and they'll do anything to get high and escape from life. Simple as that.
I suppose, but I would think the whole paranoid thing would be at least a little bit of a deterrent. :eek:

Reactions: Debi