First Neuralink Implanted in Human

The medical benefits I understand. But there are already young people clamoring to get the implant so they can have instant communication, like their phones are not instant enough!

Any chip can be hacked. Has humanity crossed the line? Are we willing to make this the "normal" next step?

Has humanity crossed the line? Are we willing to make this the "normal" next step?
i think this has been the goal for a very long time, the dream for science since the 6 million dollar man, universal soldier, etc... it has been the dream of science fiction and the goal to work towards for a century almost...... not only will it be the new normal, (years down the road?) it will be a further divide between the rich and the working class. no more need for college when you can have the enternet in your brain at all times....lol...... just like the vision and hopes for flying cars, this has been in the works for generations...............

People who used to have seizures, in extreme cases used to have the Corpus Callosum cut separating both brain hemispheres with unexpected result!
" Gazzaniga and Sperry's split-brain research is now legendary. One of their child participants, Paul S., had a fully functional language center in both hemispheres. This allowed the researchers to question each side of the brain. When they asked the right side what their patient wanted to be when he grew up, he replied, "an automobile racer." When they posed the same question to the left, however, he responded, "a draftsman." Another patient pulled down his pants with the left hand and back up with the right in a continuing struggle. On a different occasion, this same patient's left hand made an attempt to strike the unsuspecting wife as the right hand grabbed the villainous limp to stop it."

Maybe i'm way off, but the way the world is today, people want/expect everything without effort. You stick a chip in your brain and that could easily be achieved. We only use a fraction of the capability our brain has. Is this the 'cheat' to allow greater use? I am 110% for the medical benefits the chip can offer patients, but not towards a mechanical evolution.

I often refer to us as beacons on site. Setting the whole control possibility aside, can you imagine those with extraordinary gifts having one of those implanted and stimulating those parts of the brain? Our beacons would become flame throwers. How dangerous would that be? Think of remote viewing, telekinesis, true mediums that can communicate with the other side etc, all with enhanced gifts. Would people be able to control it? I see doors being opened that may not be able to close. Fringe belief becomes horrifying reality.

i think this has been the goal for a very long time, the dream for science since the 6 million dollar man, universal soldier, etc... it has been the dream of science fiction and the goal to work towards for a century almost...... not only will it be the new normal, (years down the road?) it will be a further divide between the rich and the working class. no more need for college when you can have the enternet in your brain at all times....lol...... just like the vision and hopes for flying cars, this has been in the works for generations...............
Yep, I agree, it is a slippery slope. I hope we have evolved enough to use this for the right purposes. Helping stroke victims and people with prosthetics would be the right use. I haven't lost total hope in humanities intelligence. The fear of being controlled by an outside source is real and I have to believe the techies know this and they would be the first to volunteer. I am not panicking yet, but I can clearly see your points.