Favorite Villain

I like John Astin in anything. He was great as Evil Roy Slade, and a better Riddler than Frank Groshin in Batman (1966), although he was only in two episodes. By contrast, Carolyn Jones, who played Marsha, Queen of Diamonds, was in five. Of course, the two previously shared the screen in The Addams Family (1964-1966), as Gomez and Morticia Addams.

but thats only because he is going against the establishment, the masses, the status quo so to speak. playing off the ideology of "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"... the side you choose is a fine line of who is right or wrong. depending on many factors, freedom and the individual definition of such, the economy, social status, standings, etc.... the line rapidly gets blurred.....until its not...(in most of these stories the line is crossed before the story really starts, therefore making the actions of the hero/antihero somewhat justifiable).... in one sense he could be the villain while in another he is the hope of the downtrodden...... a cool character though.
Similar thing over here with the Aussie obsession for outlaws, bushrangers such as Ned Kelly and other people who rock the system. It is a prisoners island I suppose, lol.

I like John Astin in anything. He was great as Evil Roy Slade, and a better Riddler than Frank Groshin in Batman (1966), although he was only in two episodes. By contrast, Carolyn Jones, who played Marsha, Queen of Diamonds, was in five. Of course, the two previously shared the screen in The Addams Family (1964-1966), as Gomez and Morticia Addams.
great trivia Bob, thanks