Favorite place to get breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked Apple

Anam Cara
Reaction score
OK, today's topic is a bit silly, but where is your favorite place to go for breakfast? Mine is a toss up of a diner or IHOP, but if pushed, I would have to go with IHOP. Fortunately for my waistline, I only go to IHOP once or twice a year, making it even that much more of a treat!

Breakfast is coffee! Copious amounts, thanks. lol I rarely eat before noon.

The only time I indulge in the breakfast meal is when we travel, and that's because we usually are on the road at the ungodly hour of 6 AM and we don't stop for it until about 9. By then I can face food items and double down with more coffee to go with it! ;) We always stop at Cracker Barrel, and I always choose the same thing.....Biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon. I mean, if you're going to indulge, may as well go all the way, right?

Reactions: Seahunter
My favorite hole-in-the-wall cafe has a special platter for breakfast. It's for those that can't decide what they want - cause it has everything in it! It has bacon, ham, sausage, green pepper, onions, and tomatoes, all on top of a bed of hashbrowns, then smothered in country gravy and topped with two eggs any style, and toast.

They have a full platter, which could serve four people, and then a half platter, which would easily feed two! These are pics of the half platter, couldn't find the full platter!

And thanks a lot for making me crave one now! :p:D

ls.jpg
348s.jpg

The only time I indulge in the breakfast meal is when we travel, and that's because we usually are on the road at the ungodly hour of 6 AM and we don't stop for it until about 9. By then I can face food items and double down with more coffee to go with it! ;) We always stop at Cracker Barrel, and I always choose the same thing.....Biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon. I mean, if you're going to indulge, may as well go all the way, right?
Yum - biscuits and gravy! I don't go out to breakfast much either, so I look at it as a special indulgence too!

Reactions: Debi
My favorite hole-in-the-wall cafe has a special platter for breakfast. It's for those that can't decide what they want - cause it has everything in it! It has bacon, ham, sausage, green pepper, onions, and tomatoes, all on top of a bed of hashbrowns, then smothered in country gravy and topped with two eggs any style, and toast.

They have a full platter, which could serve four people, and then a half platter, which would easily feed two! These are pics of the half platter, couldn't find the full platter!

ls.jpg
348s.jpg
Hmmmm.....what do they call that? Heart-attack on a platter??? lol :p

Hmmmm.....what do they call that? Heart-attack on a platter??? lol :p
The cafe is called Omy's, so it is just the Omy's Platter. And if you put a dent in one, you definitely aren't hungry again until later that night!

Reactions: Debi

ls.jpg
348s.jpg

That looks good except for the gravy. I'm not a gravy person. That's definitely enough for 2 people!

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi

Orange juice and eggs are my usual fare for breakfast, unless I am running late, then I get mediocre Dunkin coffee and a stale donut from them. When I have a little extra and don't mind spending $10 on breakfast, then Starbucks latte and a cream cheese bagel it is!

Orange juice and eggs are my usual fare for breakfast, unless I am running late, then I get mediocre Dunkin coffee and a stale donut from them. When I have a little extra and don't mind spending $10 on breakfast, then Starbucks latte and a cream cheese bagel it is!
Ahhh yes....donuts....an excuse to have cake for breakfast! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.