Favorite "Monster"

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

There have been all kinds of movie monsters: King Kong, Mothra, the shark in Jaws, the dino's in Jurassic Park, Aliens, Predators, etc.

Which movie monster did it best?
What's your favorite monster and monster movie?
324567918_727882905442206_1920809712276318264_n.jpg

Some of the most memorable monster movies for me, were the Critters movies… Mostly because that’s one of the few movies that gave me nightmares and it’s also the very first horror movie I ever watched… I think I was like seven years old.

Tremors is also another favorite… Jurassic Park was good, but I don’t really consider dinosaurs monsters since they actually existed. The Mothman Prophecies was another….

But top spot HAS to go to Maximum Overdrive.

OK I will shut up now, because I could go on about this for days.

It was Saturday mornings watching Godzilla marathons for me lol. When Jaws came out, i was fascinated by sharks and even had a stuffed animal shark that went everywhere with me lol.
Maximum Overdrive
ACDC best soundtrack ever lol. Said this before, with the green comet slinging by watch out for the machines coming to life lol.

So many great movie monsters. Firefly mentioned Tremors, that is one of my all time favorite monster movies. Crux brought up the xenomorphs from Alien(s) which is another personal favorite series of films along with the Predator. In addition to these I love John Carpenter's The Thing and Pumpkinhead, I consider these to masterpieces of filmmaking and examples of how proper visual effects can be used to tell a compelling story rather than the tendency of Hollywood to use special effects in place of a good story.

Of course there are some generic movie monster that I can never get enough of as well. I like a good vampire movie but I'm a sucker for werewolves and zombies. Which means I end up watching a lot of cheesy stuff like the Resident Evil series, the Underworld series and the Blade series. However there are good movies that feature these kind of monsters as well. I really like the movie Dog Soldiers. I also really like the first 3rd of John Carpenter's Vampires it also has interesting lore behind how the first vampire came to be and how vampires live, unfortunately it suffers from a tonal shift and story pacing issues as the movie continues.