Favorite Horror Movie

Leo

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Well.. Let's have it folks! What's your favorite scary movie????

I don't watch scary movies because I don't like being frightened, but as a child I watched a Vincent Price thriller called The Tingler that left me emotionally scarred (LOL, not really) and as an adult The Others was really creepy.

Reactions: Snuggie2U
I don't have favorite movie, more like a favorite style. I prefer subtle horror that makes my brain think, more than ones full of gore and jump scares. "Signs", despite being full of all kinds of plot holes, had some genuinely creepy moments, like when he sees the foot in the corn field, or the alien on the roof. The birthday party scene really got to me, because around 20 years ago I had a dream that was identical to that scene. That dream was so intense it stuck in my memory, and when I saw that scene I freaked because the similarities were uncanny.
That being said, I do enjoy an occasional gorefest. I really want to see The Green Inferno. It looks like a remake of Cannibal Holocaust so it's bound to be all kinds of crazy.

Reactions: Naked Apple
I The birthday party scene really got to me, because around 20 years ago I had a dream that was identical to that scene. That dream was so intense it stuck in my memory, and when I saw that scene I freaked because the similarities were uncanny.
Yikes! :eek: That reminds me, The Sixth Sense was also super creepy.

One of the most horrifying movies I've ever watched is "It". That damn clown/demon was in my dreams for months! Besides my extreme fear of clowns to start with, the way that character was written and portrayed was just over the top. I've faced true negative entities before and had less fear!

Some of you may not remember this next movie from 1959, but "On the Beach" was a truly terrifying movie. I read the book in High School and then later rented and watched the movie. It's about a nuclear holocaust that leaves the last people on earth in Australia just waiting for the radioactivity to reach them and kill them. There is no happy ending, and I think that book and movie impacted my adamant stance against nuclear anything.

Last edited:
I think their is something extremely creepy about really old movies, like late 19th century, early 20th. Like that creepy black and white moon face with the rocket in its eye. Something about them is just unsettling as all hell. Especially those using surrealism. Un Chien Andalou is a perfect example,

My favorite scary movie is a monster movie - "Creature from the Black Lagoon". As far as a "regular" scary movie, it would probably be "The Exorcist", which is so scary because it supposedly really happened. Another one I thought was really scary is "Phantasm". Those little zombies the Tall Man turns the dead people into were really creepy! :eek:

I have enjoyed many horror movies, from those where you never actually see more than a glimpse of the monster to classic slasher flicks like Friday the 13th. The common thread has to be that they tell a good story.

My favorite scary movie is a monster movie - "Creature from the Black Lagoon". As far as a "regular" scary movie, it would probably be "The Exorcist", which is so scary because it supposedly really happened. Another one I thought was really scary is "Phantasm". Those little zombies the Tall Man turns the dead people into were really creepy! :eek:
Where did my hubs take me on our first date? To see "The Exorcist!" Guess he thought I'd get freaked out or something and need someone to cuddle with. lol Nope...I found it fascinating! That's when he found out WHO he was dating. ;)

Reactions: Seahunter and surge