Fast Food Follies.....

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
What are your favorite and least favorite fast food restaurants? Are there regional/foreign fast food eateries you've found you've liked while traveling? Any funny fast food stories you'd care to share?

For regional, when we drive through Wisconsin we play spot the Culver's. This is the more grown up version of slug bug.

I guess I could find something to like in just about any national chain. A well-made Double Whopper with cheese can be a thing of beauty. Arby's has some pretty well-thought-out sandwiches. KFC has great sandwiches and pot pies. My 2 cents.

I like eating at Cracker Barrels, and Perkins. Recent disappointments in otherwise well known chain restaurants, include Friendly's, Denny's, and one that merited a complete name change. IHOP became "Infernal House of Puke."

I used to enjoy eating the occasional meal at the above named places, but lately the food has not been up to par.

In a pinch, I will eat at Waffle House; you can get a pretty decent meal there if you avoid the waffles and pancakes, lol.

My favorite is El Pollo Loco, a Mexican grilled chicken chain in the western US. Unfortunately it's been over fifteen years since I been in an area that has one of them.

Of the fast food restaurants I have access to locally, my favorite is Moe's Southwest Grill, a Mexican place similar to Chipotle.

I've eaten in a number of foreign fast food places, my favorite being a Russian chain that serves potato dishes. Don't remember its name, but the translation was "Small Potatoes. "

My favorite is El Pollo Loco, a Mexican grilled chicken chain in the western US. Unfortunately it's been over fifteen years since I been in an area that has one of them.

Of the fast food restaurants I have access to locally, my favorite is Moe's Southwest Grill, a Mexican place similar to Chipotle.

I've eaten in a number of foreign fast food places, my favorite being a Russian chain that serves potato dishes. Don't remember its name, but the translation was "Small Potatoes. "
those crazy Russians and their potatoes... I always wondered who first said "lets make vodka outta these things"...he needs an award...lol

I was reminded of a two family owned places in Florida; one was called Flaco's, and they made awesome Cuban sandwiches. The other, can't remember the name, did the best Gyro sandwhiches, fries and Baklava that I have ever tasted.

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
Wendy's is a personal favorite. Their sandwiches are pricey, but rarely disappoint. Taco Bell - or Taco Hell as we called it on a former board of mine is also good for a quick but fattening meal. I'll second BK and Arby's. And the infamous Spicy Chicken sandwich that Popeye's has is all the rave. My brother managed to get us a few after the insanity died out and wow. Krystal is also good but it's hit and miss at this location.

And a shout out to Chick Fil A. Best of the best.

Last edited: