Farmer's Almanac Winter Predictions

Last Summer here in Australia where I live we had regular temps of 45C,as Spring is coming now there are no small birds about,the extremes seem to be killing off the smaller animals first,it can't be good.

Reactions: Paintman
Trees are dropping leaves 3 weeks early here near Chicago. We also had two of the record-setting monthly rain falls this spring. My neighbor across the street grew up on a farm, & said when trees drink enough water, that is one of their signals to start dropping leaves.

Otherwise, we haven't had heavy snowy winters in 15 years. So......
Gotta be ready for it though.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
Trees are dropping leaves 3 weeks early here near Chicago. We also had two of the record-setting monthly rain falls this spring. My neighbor across the street grew up on a farm, & said when trees drink enough water, that is one of their signals to start dropping leaves.

Otherwise, we haven't had heavy snowy winters in 15 years. So......
Gotta be ready for it though.
I'm seeing the first signs of "yellow" out there. This is early as well. And your farmer friend is correct!

Everybody ready?
NO I HATE WINTER !! Big surprise that their predicting cold and snow for the winter in the north lol. Always the same lol.

Reactions: Debi
I am ready for winter!!! It is still 100% SUMMER here and it is HOT.

Actually the last few centuries have been amazingly mild. We are past due for some more adventurous weather. Global warming seems to be more in the far North than a worldwide thing. It is hot here but it has always been hot here. What we have not had in a long time is a scorching summer with temperatures over 115 day after day. It is in the upper 90s and lower 100s which is just August in Texas.

I am hoping that if it does be a snowy winter that it stays in the north. Our winters are mostly pretty warm and snow just doesn't happen. WHEN it does the schools close and if it is bad they tell people to just STAY HOME!! 4" of snow and we are unable to stay out of the ditches. LOL. I would sort of like my Grandbaby to have a little snow to play in though She is ten and never built a real snowman.