Facts about the Spear of Destiny

Like some other things in biblical times, I really wonder if it’s the real thing, and what would possess a Roman soldier to want to save it because its significance. To the Romans, he was just another man that was getting crucified. I’m just not sure.

Like some other things in biblical times, I really wonder if it’s the real thing, and what would possess a Roman soldier to want to save it because its significance. To the Romans, he was just another man that was getting crucified. I’m just not sure.
The Roman centurion who speared Christ at the crucifixion recognized him as the Christ, announcing his belief immediately after Jesus' death by saying, "Truly this man was the Son of God!” His conversion is explained in both Matthew and Mark. He was canonized by the church as St. Longinus.

Gp_3VI8U_88327_1438960384.jpg

The Roman centurion who speared Christ at the crucifixion recognized him as the Christ, announcing his belief immediately after Jesus' death by saying, "Truly this man was the Son of God!” His conversion is explained in both Matthew and Mark. He was canonized by the church as St. Longinus.

View attachment 56188
You know, I’m ashamed to say, as superb of a researcher that I am, it’s never even crossed my mind to research this. Well, there you have it! The spear of destiny!

View attachment 56188
Now I’m doing all kind of crazy research on it. You can buy really really close exact replicas of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke

View attachment 56188
We can only imagine what the people saw that day. Something greatly spiritual must have happened. Not only this but the bible says he appeared to over 500 people after the resurrection. Personally, I am a believer. I don't know about the lances that are on display, but it really doesn't matter, it is not about the weapon anyway.

Reactions: Paulm and Duke
I don't know about the lances that are on display, but it really doesn't matter, it is not about the weapon anyway.
exactly lynne... but it does make one wonder... is there something to it, or is it just a tool that instills such faith that anything is possible, that mountains can be moved......kinda reminds me of the book, the chair, by James L Rubart.....( i think),,,, good book. worth the read if you have time.

Reactions: Lynne