Eerie Mourning Dolls

Dolls having "spirits" or souls go waaay back. In Witchcraft, there are Poppets, i.e. handmade dolls much like voodoo dolls. Past the childhood stage, I have always had issues with dolls in general for some reason. I especially did not like my meeting with Robert the Doll. I always have a feeling "something" is in there looking back at me...lol
Way back when, I had the opportunity to investigate the East Martello Museum in Key West. There was a lot of activity there, especially in the Citadel. I captured my first EVP near the Cuban refugee raft. It was next to the area where Robert the Doll lives. Robert the Doll was not mean to anyone that night, but he is creepy to look at for sure!

I swear I had a pair of dolls watch me from across the room at least at one point. When I moved, their eyes would move.
Ok, this doesn't involve dolls, but you reminded me of this story. Back in early 90s, I stopped into a bookstore (as it turned out owned by the LDS Church) on my way to the SLC airport. As I wandered around searching for a book to read on the flight home, on the walls I noticed at least a dozen photographs throughout of a distinguished, yet very stern looking, elderly gentleman. These were the type photos where the eyes seem to follow you, like the pictures of Jesus. Everywhere I went, this old guy was watching me.

As I was checking out, I asked the cashier who the guy was in the photos. She stared at me like I had a banana in my ear. "Why that's the Phophet, the President of the LDS Church, Ezra Taft Benson." When I remarked all the photos kinda gave me the creeps watching me, she whispered, "Yeah, me too sometimes."

Reactions: Lone Wolf
The only doll that my daughter had was a Barbie doll. I prefer stuffed animals over dolls. Dolls that look real are sort of creepy.

Reactions: Lone Wolf
Way back when, I had the opportunity to investigate the East Martello Museum in Key West. There was a lot of activity there, especially in the Citadel. I captured my first EVP near the Cuban refugee raft. It was next to the area where Robert the Doll lives. Robert the Doll was not mean to anyone that night, but he is creepy to look at for sure!
Robert did not like me...lol That is a great museum and I agree there is activity there. I didn't investigate, but I was unable to spend too much time inside due to the energy there.

• Wow
Reactions: ozentity
  • Wow
Reactions: ozentity
and...that is how a possessed doll is born....eeeeek
This is what I was thinking. I can’t imagine how the parents felt. Too much death back then.

OK, Bob Bain just sent me one of the creepiest looking doll articles I've seen in a bit. Want to crochet your own?

Louis_Foto_small2.jpeg

Reactions: Duke