Eclipse Watch

Believe it or not, I found that article today as I was packing old scrapbooks.

Her name was Ann Turner and she lived in Tipton, IN. She was 15 when this happened so I'm pegging that eclipse as the March, 1969 one by age. We attended a week at a summer camp and she and I became friends as we bunked in the same cabin. That would have been the summer of 1970. The article is readable if you enlarge the photo.

View attachment 57852
Debi, when you were at camp with her was she blind at that time or did that happen at a later time. Have you stayed in contact or tried to find her? Very wonderful her healing.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Debi, when you were at camp with her was she blind at that time or did that happen at a later time. Have you stayed in contact or tried to find her? Very wonderful her healing.
She had her vision back at that time. I stayed in contact for over two years, then we both got on with adult life and lost track of each other. Her minister and parents came to the last day of camp and they told us the whole story as a group. They even had doctor notes to show, although I believed them without the records. Ann was so devoted, I have often wondered what happened to her and how she used her life. I have no doubt she was meant to do good in the world.