Druid attacked by neighbors

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvZHJ1aWQtaW5zdHJ1bWVudHMvMTAzOTk2My0xLWVuZy1VUy9EcnVpZC1JbnN0cnVtZW50cy5qcGc=

A practicing Druid witch in England found himself on the receiving end of an odd attack after his neighbors got fed up with the noise from his frequent rituals. According to an account in the British media, the Pagan in question, John Bennett, was celebrating the full moon with a ceremony in his backyard when the fracas unfolded. It began with neighbor Mark Denyer shouting at him to, presumably, lower the volume of his drum beating and chanting during the ritual.

Apparently, Denyer did not receive the response he'd hoped for as he and his wife, Anne, then went to Bennett's house and, police say, they were looking for a fight. It would seem that this was a spur of the moment act of aggression as Anne was armed with only an umbrella. Nonetheless, she repeatedly whacked the witch in the head with it. Her husband, meanwhile, wielded a carving knife and actually tried to stab Bennett, but the attack proved futile thanks to the Druid's prodigious belly which shielded him from harm.

The bizarre November incident was ultimately settled in court this past week, where the Denyers were found guilty of 'unlawful wounding,' but received a suspended sentence and community service. The somewhat understandable circumstances that sparked the attack as well as the couple's good standing in the community were reasons cited by the judge for the relatively light punishment. One can't help but appreciate the irony of their "moment of madness," as their defense attorney called it, occurring on the full moon, when such strange situation often seem to take place.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
What did the druids ever do to them!

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvZHJ1aWQtaW5zdHJ1bWVudHMvMTAzOTk2My0xLWVuZy1VUy9EcnVpZC1JbnN0cnVtZW50cy5qcGc=

A practicing Druid witch in England found himself on the receiving end of an odd attack after his neighbors got fed up with the noise from his frequent rituals. According to an account in the British media, the Pagan in question, John Bennett, was celebrating the full moon with a ceremony in his backyard when the fracas unfolded. It began with neighbor Mark Denyer shouting at him to, presumably, lower the volume of his drum beating and chanting during the ritual.

Apparently, Denyer did not receive the response he'd hoped for as he and his wife, Anne, then went to Bennett's house and, police say, they were looking for a fight. It would seem that this was a spur of the moment act of aggression as Anne was armed with only an umbrella. Nonetheless, she repeatedly whacked the witch in the head with it. Her husband, meanwhile, wielded a carving knife and actually tried to stab Bennett, but the attack proved futile thanks to the Druid's prodigious belly which shielded him from harm.

The bizarre November incident was ultimately settled in court this past week, where the Denyers were found guilty of 'unlawful wounding,' but received a suspended sentence and community service. The somewhat understandable circumstances that sparked the attack as well as the couple's good standing in the community were reasons cited by the judge for the relatively light punishment. One can't help but appreciate the irony of their "moment of madness," as their defense attorney called it, occurring on the full moon, when such strange situation often seem to take place.
Lol! City folks just dont get it I guess.

Reactions: Debi
It was probably the noise factor. Maybe he was really loud with the drums. Something pushed them over the edge. It sounds a bit comical when I think of the lady swinging her umbrella

Reactions: Charleh
For those not involved in a ritual, I can see where the drumming and chanting would be annoying! And if this guy did this on a regular basis, I'm thinking his poor neighbeors snapped! There is a REASON rituals like this are done away from others....it's LOUD.

It sounds a bit comical when I think of the lady swinging her umbrella
Do you recall the recording of the traffic accident played on Coast 2 Coast. Four old ladies beating up a driver with their handbags (I believe). if memory serves, the caller, phoned a friend and while leaving a voice message, was distracted by the incident happening in front of him and started to describe the events unfolding.

This is hilarious.

Last edited:
Do you recall the recording of the traffic accident played on Coast 2 Coast. Four old ladies beating up a driver with their handbags (I believe). if memory serves, the caller, phoned a friend and while leaving a voice message, was distracted by the incident happening in front of him and started to describe the events unfolding.

This is hilarious.

I am going to play this every morning for the rest of my life

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter

This is hilarious.
This was so funny!

but the attack proved futile thanks to the Druid's prodigious belly which shielded him from harm.

Are they saying the druids belly fat saved him from harm?

Reactions: Charleh