Does anybody....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
DOES ANYONE HERE STILL USE A REGULAR CAMERA? OR DOES YOUR CELLPHONE ACT AS THE ONLY ONE YOU USE NOW? DO YOU KEEP PICTURES ONLY IN DIGITAL FORM NOW OR DO YOU STILL PRINT SOME OUT FOR ALBUMS?

83583604_3396133297115378_7970488441198608384_o.jpg

I have seen evidence that film photography can sometimes capture things that digital cameras do not.
By "things" I mean things of a paranormal nature.
I agree the camera can do that. It appears to capture more of the light spectrum. It can also show false images from flash, etc. Takes a good photographer to catch the differences.

I am now completely dependent on my phone camera. Have another camera but rarely use it now.

I still keep pictures that I took with a camera years ago, but I rarely photograph anything now. Jim has a lot of his family photographs scanned to his computer so that if he loses one type, he still has the other. Some of those photos are really old, like turn of the 20th century.

Reactions: Paintman and Paulm
I still used a film camera until a couple years ago, finally upgraded to a digital SLR......but still print out photos on photo paper as hard copies. Do use my phone also for regular pics though. Sad really to see everything go digital and rarely get printed out, just feels like one glitch or setback and a whole generation of photography will be lost.......sure there would be the pro stuff, but the real story of time is in the everyday collections.

I still used a film camera until a couple years ago, finally upgraded to a digital SLR......but still print out photos on photo paper as hard copies. Do use my phone also for regular pics though. Sad really to see everything go digital and rarely get printed out, just feels like one glitch or setback and a whole generation of photography will be lost.......sure there would be the pro stuff, but the real story of time is in the everyday collections.
I feel your pain; around the time my father died, I found out that my older brother had taken a whole collection of slides that my father had made when the family went on picnics. The house my brother was living in, later on had a major fire, and although my brother was alright, those slides did not survive the fire. Such things are priceless, and we will never see the like again!

Reactions: Paulm
I’m guilty of Just using my phone. I wouldn’t even know where to send film for developing now.

Last edited:
I rely upon my smartphone almost exclusively. I do have a small, handheld digital camera I take on vacation.

I’m certain that I have an least one 35mm film camera somewhere. It’s likely I have a second film camera too - one of the older Kodak cartridge film kind.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm