Do you have a passport?

I think the language barrier was a bit rough for me, too. I took two years of Spanish in high school....remember none of it! Now, ask me every cuss word or phrase in Croation, I got ya covered!
(Had a grandmother who thought I didn't understand it so she'd launch into the language to avoid us hearing her cuss! lol)

Reactions: Seahunter
I think the language barrier was a bit rough for me, too. I took two years of Spanish in high school....remember none of it! Now, ask me every cuss word or phrase in Croation, I got ya covered!
(Had a grandmother who thought I didn't understand it so she'd launch into the language to avoid us hearing her cuss! lol)
Yes, it's very intimidating being in a foreign country to begin with, then if you can't communicate it's even more frightening. Fortunately in the touristy areas you'll get lots of Spanglish, but not if you venture out to the surrounding towns. If you were immersed in it, it would come more quickly. I did not take Spanish in high school, but when I did in college they said the first semester or two in college was what you learned in two years of high school! :eek: Problem is, the quicker you learn it, the faster you lose it too. I took my second year in one intensive semester abroad - the equivalent of the entire second year, and I don't remember most of it. I remember enough to get by, and if I need a verb I can look it up and then probably conjugate it as needed, but that's it.

Reactions: Debi