Do certain people/places "attract" paranormal activity?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've often stated that people with certain "abilities" tend to attract spirits, entities and paranormal activity. I believe our vibrations are such that we look a bit like "beacons" to those wanting to interact on this side of the veil.

I also know there are those out there who feel that this is "scientifically" not valid, as it cannot CURRENTLY be measured, and they feel it's just a mental illusion or illness on those of us who percieve it as a real and valid experience. I shall just say that science is still learning what it doesn't know.

So, for those that do believe in the paranormal, do you think that some people attract the paranormal more often than others? Also, how about certain houses and places? Can a physical structure or location be more prone to hauntings than others?

Your opinions, please.

I think it's possible. It stands to reason that if a person is more attuned to the paranormal that they would in turn act as a magnet to paranormal activity. As for structures or locations, I think it's possible that there could be a doorway/portal (choose whatever terminology suits you) that accounts for hauntings. I've mentioned the whole closet thing and my dog to you.

Reactions: Mokey and Debi
Yup...dang closets!

I'm beginning to speculate that like some crystals and certain rocks that absorb or attract energy, some people do this as well. And it's been noted that certain geology factors, like running water and again certain rocks, will make a location more likely to be "haunted."

One thing I've noted about the houses I've done cleansings on, and also a haunted house or two I've lived in, is that there seems to be a lack of "sealant"....like paint, on the wood inside the homes. Lots of woodwork is showing, paneling, or wood beams, etc. So, is wood also an attractant for this energy? Or even certain types of wood perhaps? The Druids seemed to indicate so.

Don't forget, when people do reno, they are tearing down things and exposing wood. Does that release energy within the newly exposed wood?

Reactions: Mokey and surge
some people attract the paranormal more often than others
I believe this to be true. If paranormal entities are always sending out signals, trying to make contact, it takes someone with a special sensitivity to tune into the signal. Kind of like a radio dial.

My unscientific views on this are that some people are just naturally attuned to things that are outside of their normal senses. I theorize that in times past experiences such as having psychic experiences were part of the normal human condition. Over time as we evolved those abilities diminished. There are some people who still have the ability to generate those experiences and some seem to have lost it. I also think it is entirely possible to learn how to tap into those ancient abilities. As far as inanimate objects are concerned I think everything is matter which is energetic but not vibrating at the same level. So a piece of wood though it may seem lifeless does possess a form of energy that does interact with the environment. Just my thoughts.

I've often stated that people with certain "abilities" tend to attract spirits, entities and paranormal activity. I believe our vibrations are such that we look a bit like "beacons" to those wanting to interact on this side of the veil.

I also know there are those out there who feel that this is "scientifically" not valid, as it cannot CURRENTLY be measured, and they feel it's just a mental illusion or illness on those of us who percieve it as a real and valid experience. I shall just say that science is still learning what it doesn't know.

So, for those that do believe in the paranormal, do you think that some people attract the paranormal more often than others? Also, how about certain houses and places? Can a physical structure or location be more prone to hauntings than others?

Your opinions, please.

Reactions: amused1
This is the thread I was hunting for earlier. I've been working with reincarnation for several years now and the question of how do we find others we've known before? There has to be an aura, a vibration, a some kind of id held in our conscious mind that survives death and has our memories intact within it, a match to our place in the Akashic Records. It is how spirits locate each other, how our spirit guides locate us and keep up with us. I do believe some of us are genetically inclined to be open to the paranormal/supernatural. How bees 'see' and travel, how dogs see and hear what we can't, how cats seem aware of things we can't see--this is how some of us appear to the spirit world. Science can't measure it, so they can't yet prove it. Unless they find themselves interacting, unless they're the ones taking the photos of spirit activity, unless they're the ones having deja-vu and surfacing memories of other times and places, they still can't prove it all but they might try harder to do so.