Did I get a sign from my mom today?

boo

Reaction score
I have said I miss my parents a lot here and how they passed. I was looking at some pics my hubby found in our boxes in moving and handed them to me. I kept them with me, and three of them, and keep out. But one I always had on top with our pic of us on a cruise ship when I was young girl. But today I distinctly remember leaving that same pic on top and not changing it. We got back and I came in and somehow my mom's pic of her was on the top and one they had a big frame of her on the wall for many years. Now have it. But I thought is mom saying hi to me. We went out shopping and like with my mom, I'd do this with her and miss her on our outings. Dad too. He'd tag along at times helping with wheelchair. But I just was so surprised when her pic of her was on top like that. Did she do something there to say hi on the shopping day maybe? Was a great day but now foot hurts terrible. I think I need a nerve decompression surgery they have now next. It's a mess. But was resting foot tonight. Happy Halloween to everyone here. I had to share that. It was so strange to me that pic on top there like that. I didn't leave it like that so shocked me some.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
To quote a politician who shall go nameless, "What difference does it make?" Aren't the feelings of love for and togetherness with your Mom you experienced more important than how the scenario was played out? Would those feelings change if you found out the photos got somehow reshuffled? Sometimes I think we put too much emphasis of the "hows" and "whys" of life and not enough on their impact. When I see something that brings back fond memories of my departed parents, I've learned to just appreciate the event for the joy it brings me.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I know they weren't reshuffled though. Just 3 there on that stand and I left my favorite one on top. Wasn't a whole pile of them. The three I've left there for awhile. But I do appreciate my fond memories of them for sure. Definitely the love is not broken and I still feel her and dad there. Watching over us. It was just not the pic that was there when I left. No kids in the house. Just us and it was empty but for our dogs that sleep and don't care for pics. But it was a neat little thing I thought. I was just thinking of her a lot today and then that happened. I've had strong signs from dad that were very unexplainable. Sometime I will say those. Too strong to ignore. So this one I don't ignore. Sorry to disagree Duke. It was that warm feeling I had when I get those feelings. A certain something comes over me then. I can't explain it well. But I appreciate your comments and thanks. I still feel it was a sign. Guess we will feel how we do no matter. But interesting thought to ponder there.

To quote a politician who shall go nameless, "What difference does it make?" Aren't the feelings of love for and togetherness with your Mom you experienced more important than how the scenario was played out? Would those feelings change if you found out the photos got somehow reshuffled? Sometimes I think we put too much emphasis of the "hows" and "whys" of life and not enough on their impact. When I see something that brings back fond memories of my departed parents, I've learned to just appreciate the event for the joy it brings me.
Couldn’t have said it better !!

Thank you Christie, for saying that. I feel better you did. Appreciate it. I don't agree it wasn't a sign and leave it at that. I didn't need to say anything on that to begin with. Just pretend I didn't now.

Reactions: ghostkind
I'm sorry though. The pics were not reshuffled at all. 3 of them and one I left was not the one that was neatly put on top. I will continue to feel the warmth I felt from that moment. I did not take it that way at all. It was that special warmth I get when I have a happening.
boo, that is what Duke was saying. It's special no matter how it comes about because it IS your parents speaking to you.

I can hear God speaking to me through the checkout girl, or see my mom's guiding hand in something I find here at my home. That special warmth is from the LOVE of the parent that comes through us.

your post is beautiful, boo. it strengthens my belief in the afterlife with the Almighty. your stories all give me inspiration. thank you for posting them.

Reactions: Debi
I think so too. It is special warmth. That didn't get there by accident like that. A photo that was in a big frame at their home for 30 years and this is a small photo. So it was just odd to me it would be so neat on top like that. I know I didn't leave it that way. For sure I'd never leave them that neat. I can tell you that one. LOL But it's ok and I understood the other side of what he was saying. I will stay with how I feel about what happened.

Reactions: ghostkind
Boo I will add that we are happy to hear your expierences. By sharing we all learn and help each other. When they are made public you have to expect diverse opinions. I think your clarification after your first draft helped me to understand better. Sometimes ideas are lost on the reader because of the way sonething is written. The reader doesn’t know the facts like the story teller. After you explained the sequence of events better I saw your point.