News Diamonds!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
surge....I told you that you need to go here!!! Look what you're missing!

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...iamond-at-ars-cr/17800/UH0Z0gC5p0WkzwHZH0OsIw

Original.jpg

MURFREESBORO, AR - An 8.52-carat white diamond was found Wednesday (June 24) by Bobbie Oskarson of Longmont, Colorado, at Arkansas’s Crater of Diamonds State Park, according to park officials. Clear white and icicle shaped, this gem is the fifth largest diamond found by a park visitor since the state park was established at Arkansas’s diamond site in 1972. Twenty minutes into her search, she found the diamond in a couple scoops she had dug from a small mound of dirt. Oskarson was in the southwest corner of the park’s 37 ½-acre search field in an area known as the Pig Pen, aptly named because it is the muddiest part of the search area after a good rain. She named her gem the Esperanza Diamond, both her niece’s name and the Spanish word for “hope.” At this time, Oskarson plans to keep the gem.

Reactions: surge and Seahunter
I saw that on my feed!! Now WHY couldn't that have been me?!!

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter
surge....I told you that you need to go here!!! Look what you're missing!

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...iamond-at-ars-cr/17800/UH0Z0gC5p0WkzwHZH0OsIw

Original.jpg

MURFREESBORO, AR - An 8.52-carat white diamond was found Wednesday (June 24) by Bobbie Oskarson of Longmont, Colorado, at Arkansas’s Crater of Diamonds State Park, according to park officials. Clear white and icicle shaped, this gem is the fifth largest diamond found by a park visitor since the state park was established at Arkansas’s diamond site in 1972. Twenty minutes into her search, she found the diamond in a couple scoops she had dug from a small mound of dirt. Oskarson was in the southwest corner of the park’s 37 ½-acre search field in an area known as the Pig Pen, aptly named because it is the muddiest part of the search area after a good rain. She named her gem the Esperanza Diamond, both her niece’s name and the Spanish word for “hope.” At this time, Oskarson plans to keep the gem.
My wife told me about this! She said one of the Nephrology techs was complaining that she had taken her son there just a couple days before and they didn't find as much as a shard! :p

I'll get there one of these days. If I find a big enough rock, you'll see it on the news! :D

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter
I was there about 5 years ago and dug my ass off all day! Not a thing. I didn't go in the area this lady went in, and it appears that after a rain is when these things tend to surface, but that Pig Pen is a big pit and a mess! Take your waders, Surge!

Reactions: Seahunter and surge
Who wants to take me?? I can be a fun date! Lol!!

Reactions: Debi
It is kind of fun.....you have to walk a lot to get to the wash station, as you need to sift thro all the sediment....kind of like panning for gold. This woman just walked up and bang! Instant find!

You win some you loose some... Id prob get bit by some little bacterial laden bug and that would be the end of that!

Reactions: Debi
LOL! I came out looking like I took a bath in dirt and mud, but no bugs!

Reactions: surge