Developing Plasma Crowd Control

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
US Marines developing laser weapon that can shout at foes them temporarily blind and burn them | Daily Mail Online

US Marines reveal plans for plasma crowd control weapon that can shout at people from 3,000 feet away - then be 'turned up' to temporarily blind and even burn them
  • Scalable Compact Ultra-short Pulse Laser System will be mounted on a truck
  • Will be used for 'security and crowd control applications'
  • Could also be used by 'many other U.S. Government agencies as well as civilian law enforcement'
Full story at site

Many nations have developed non-lethal weapons meant to neutralize personnel. Twenty-plus years ago I sat through a briefing on such weapons being developed by the DoD, it was eye-opening. One was a sonic weapon, another was a substance so foul smelling it would drive away anyone within several hundred feet from where it was deployed. There was also an aerosol that, if sprayed over a crowd or troop concentration, would literally glue them in place. I don't know if any of these systems were fielded for operational use, but I know they were under development and test.

Reactions: Debi
Many nations have developed non-lethal weapons meant to neutralize personnel. Twenty-plus years ago I sat through a briefing on such weapons being developed by the DoD, it was eye-opening. One was a sonic weapon, another was a substance so foul smelling it would drive away anyone within several hundred feet from where it was deployed. There was also an aerosol that, if sprayed over a crowd or troop concentration, would literally glue them in place. I don't know if any of these systems were fielded for operational use, but I know they were under development and test.
Interesting, and I'm betting they have all been worked on. (I could have helped with the smelly one.....my boys socks were a weapon on their own.)

Reactions: ghostkind

Was the glue silicon-based? As a teenager I worked for the Tennessean (Nashville newspaper) and we had cans of spray lubricant and adhesive, both silicon-based. The lubricant made a terrific slip-and-fall trap (until we got yelled at enough to stop) and we glued a corolla to its parking spot with the adhesive. They took the adhesive spray away from us entirely after that, but the lubricant was necessary for our work. I always wanted to smuggle the adhesive to school for some stupid teenage 'fun.'

/I mostly grew out of that

Reactions: ghostkind
This is scary stuff. I have mixed emotions on this. We know they would use it against the public as they saw fit.