Demon yoga!!!!!!!?

On a serious note, I've heard this before from some of the stricter religious groups. Never have I ever run into anyone who became attached, oppressed or possessed because of yoga.

Reactions: Paulm
I went to one church where the pastor said he met some yoga practitioner that said all aspects of yoga were directly connected to the worship of some god. And of course he didn’t think to ask which god this may be. I love how he made his sermon so vague lol.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Probably the sun god or something dumb like that. Just like how many fundamentalists call Allah the “moon god” or say that pagans worship (insert any celestial body here).

Reactions: Debi
I think a lot of religions have that mind set... some feel the same way about the martial arts also,.. but in a way its just a common business practice actually, in the sense that they don't want their followers or members testing out new waters so to speak..... I wonder how much is their actual belief and how much is they don't want their "employees" / members advertising for their competitors...
I know a lot of ppl don't think of yoga or the martial arts being a religion, but it does open the doors to far east beliefs and systems. some never touch on this but to honestly get the full effect of the system you have to know the how and why of the entire practice.... so the deeper you get the further that rabbit hole goes...lol...not saying it is demonic though, , just that it can be a direct competitor in the long run.

Reactions: Debi
I think a lot of religions have that mind set... some feel the same way about the martial arts also,.. but in a way its just a common business practice actually, in the sense that they don't want their followers or members testing out new waters so to speak..... I wonder how much is their actual belief and how much is they don't want their "employees" / members advertising for their competitors...
I know a lot of ppl don't think of yoga or the martial arts being a religion, but it does open the doors to far east beliefs and systems. some never touch on this but to honestly get the full effect of the system you have to know the how and why of the entire practice.... so the deeper you get the further that rabbit hole goes...lol...not saying it is demonic though, , just that it can be a direct competitor in the long run.
Yes, I do believe you have hit at the core of it here. I just wish people could see how much we have in common....not focus on the differences

Reactions: Charleh and Paulm
Speaking as a male chauvinistic pig, yoga pants in particular can have a truly demonic effect on me.
You may join "Club Armand" who has been yoga pants obseesed here for years now.