Dead electronic candle starts glowing at 4AM

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
So my wife and I have a few of those battery operated flickering candles around our house. For the past week my wife has had them on all day. By now they’re all dead. These are the ones powered by button cell batteries in series, if that’s significant.

But last night, from 4-430, the electric candle In our bedroom started glowing again. After being on for at least 4 whole days. In other words it should be dead.......

So one theory was my SIL who said she was waking up with scratches on her arms and whatnot, came for a visit yesterday. If it’s anything that’s bothering her, maybe it found it’s way into our house.

I’m gonna start cleansing The house after posting this, but what do you think this could be?

Reactions: 7Critter
She says that the battery was dead for certain on Sunday, six days ago. And the switch was on since Sunday with no prior activity

She says that the battery was dead for certain on Sunday, six days ago. And the switch was on since Sunday with no prior activity
Batteries seem to recharge a tad when rested. Not much but maybe enough to glow your light

It is technically possible that the battery(ies) were able to come up with a bit of latent energy or stored charge.. I've had it happen with toys before. Just when you think it's dead, on it comes.

Reactions: Charleh
It is technically possible that the battery(ies) were able to come up with a bit of latent energy or stored charge.. I've had it happen with toys before. Just when you think it's dead, on it comes.
Lol toys turning on randomly happens a lot in my house.

Reactions: Lynne
Even with the switch on the whole time? I know you can get bursts when you turn it off and agitate the battery.

Even with the switch on the whole time? I know you can get bursts when you turn it off and agitate the battery.
Good point and with your history get out the Palo Santo Wood :D

Reactions: Charleh
Yup. Had a toy with that switch on for weeks. In the middle of the night, it started up! Had to take the batteries out. That stopped it.

Reactions: Charleh and Lynne
Yup. Had a toy with that switch on for weeks. In the middle of the night, it started up! Had to take the batteries out. That stopped it.
If not that would have been a hair raiser :p

Reactions: Debi