Dead Deer Roaming?

I love those odd places that have a long-lasting reputation for hauntings or other odd and slightly scary things seen often enough to keep the story alive and well. I have never met a haunt that I didn't want to experience up close and personal. Some I figured out as being misunderstood natural or human-caused things but then a few defied understanding. I always felt pretty sure that ghosts were not dangerous and other than scaring the crap out of you they weren't dangerous. I guess that I liked being scared??? My curiosity outweighed my fear and often my common sense.

If there was a ghost somewhere I wanted...almost NEEDED to try and see it. I think that the roots to this were in the way I was raised and my Dad. To say that he had little tolerance for a scared kid is a massive understatement. If I expressed fear of something he would usually force me to do it. He wasn't being cruel. He just believed that men that allowed fear to rule them were less likely to b successful. If I feared something that actually wasn't dangerous he wanted me to face that fear. I guess he was right. During hard times I often took jobs that others were no way in hell going to take or do.

I hate heights and they are scary as hell to me...so naturally, in hard times I went and found a job doing something way up there that they had no luck finding someone to do. They paid really well for me to do their scary chores. It is pretty surprising to me that most grown men won't work the night shift in a morgue or cemetery as a guard. I liked those hours. They were quiet and there were no bosses looking over my shoulder. LOL, over the many years I've worked a lot of strange or different jobs. On more than one occasion during hard times I've been hired muscle. Being extra large and not very pretty has its uses at times.
You are inspiring to me Tex. I have a scaredy-cat girl nature that I try to suppress. Facing one’s fears does grow a person. Like the old saying “ what doesn’t kill your makes you stronger”!