Dead Deer Roaming?

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Ok, this one is way out in left...left...left..and even farther left field. This particular area has had some crazy stuff. It is the same area around lake i have posted about before. When i was in my 20's, me and a few friends were quite drawn to that area. Maybe me more so, i don't know. But the whisper in my ear, the radio going bonkers, driving through an apparition (probably another story), ton of orbs in a pic i took at about 6am in front of an old church...and this one...So, we as young people do...we get bored and decide to let's take a drive to the lake. Now, it was summer so as we drove past the old house on the corner (can be another story), and smelled a dead animal nearby. Being curious, maybe a tad morbid on my buddy's part (God Rest Your Soul My Friend), wanted to find where on the large fenced property the smell was coming from. A few of us left the car and searched and found a deer that appeared to have broken it's neck somehow. Curiosity satisfied. We regrouped and drove towards the lake. Now, before the lake there was an old mill (now gone i believe) and a gravel pit. We decided to investigate the gravel pit instead. It was three of us, my friends's GF stayed behind in her car. After some time as we walked through the pit, i smelled what seemed to be another dead animal. Within seconds, we can hear the horn of the GF's car waling. At the time, we figured she was bored, so wanted to leave. It was pitch dark out there, with only our eyes adjusted to it to see what we were doing. After a few minutes of blatently ignoring her constant horn, we decided we better head back. When we arrived back at the car, she was curled up in the back seat freaking out. When we got her to calm down, she told us that she was sitting in the car and smelled the dead animal smell (right when i did) and saw the dead deer standing next to her car, crooked neck and all. Now...i would NEVER believe a tale like this. I have seen enough to believe in some things...but this i can't explain if it were not for me smelling it at the same damn time...was always an experience i just can't believe or dismiss...to odd. for sure. But, that area was never one for easy answers.

Reactions: ozentity
I have to ask if the carcass of the dear was still there ? Was it really dead? Could it have just been stunned ? If not that’s a crazy thing to see. I’d have freaked out too.

That is a really bizarre account, we have feral deer over here, I find they have a paranormal and creepy presence about them.

Reactions: Selectric
I love those odd places that have a long-lasting reputation for hauntings or other odd and slightly scary things seen often enough to keep the story alive and well. I have never met a haunt that I didn't want to experience up close and personal. Some I figured out as being misunderstood natural or human-caused things but then a few defied understanding. I always felt pretty sure that ghosts were not dangerous and other than scaring the crap out of you they weren't dangerous. I guess that I liked being scared??? My curiosity outweighed my fear and often my common sense.

If there was a ghost somewhere I wanted...almost NEEDED to try and see it. I think that the roots to this were in the way I was raised and my Dad. To say that he had little tolerance for a scared kid is a massive understatement. If I expressed fear of something he would usually force me to do it. He wasn't being cruel. He just believed that men that allowed fear to rule them were less likely to b successful. If I feared something that actually wasn't dangerous he wanted me to face that fear. I guess he was right. During hard times I often took jobs that others were no way in hell going to take or do.

I hate heights and they are scary as hell to me...so naturally, in hard times I went and found a job doing something way up there that they had no luck finding someone to do. They paid really well for me to do their scary chores. It is pretty surprising to me that most grown men won't work the night shift in a morgue or cemetery as a guard. I liked those hours. They were quiet and there were no bosses looking over my shoulder. LOL, over the many years I've worked a lot of strange or different jobs. On more than one occasion during hard times I've been hired muscle. Being extra large and not very pretty has its uses at times.

Kids LOVE to do things like that when they live out in the less populated places. i live out in the country and you see all sorts of things on the road at night. LOL I think the oddest thing was a giant dildo standing in the middle of the road. You would see it and go "did I REALLY see that?" If you turned around and went back it was no longer there...I'm sure that there were some grinning kids hiding out in the bushes.

I have to ask if the carcass of the dear was still there ? Was it really dead? Could it have just been stunned ? If not that’s a crazy thing to see. I’d have freaked out too.
It was quite dead for sure. It's neck was broken and smelling quite badly. Of course, my friend waited till it turned to bones as he wanted the intact deer skull. That adventure was when i heard my radio go bonkers lol...

• Wow
Reactions: ozentity and Debi
Wow, that is really creepy! But New Jersey is an odd place; I was born and raised there, and had many paranormal experiences.Indeed, NJ has wielded many odd happenings for sure. Also little tid bit. The church that is there is only open one day a year. We always wanted to go inside, but never could. Any rational person would not even think of breaking into a church...scruples. But one night we were driving by, and the place was lit up. There were firetrucks and many vehicles in front of it. We pulled up and it happened to be the ONE night it'd be open. We walked up and asked the firefighters who had their spots lighting up the parking area if we could go inside. We did, quietly, as they were in the middle of their service. We sat and finished the service with them. Also another tid bit, back then the renovations weren't done...if they ever were...and it was the only church in the state that still had an out house and no functioning bathrooms. I still have the article about that in my many mementos.

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetsilver
Sounds like someone playing a prank, like the guy who took a dead dear and propped it up by the road to get cars to slow down.
That'd be a morbid prank. Plus the two locations aren't far from each other, but far enough for someone to go through that much trouble to prank people that may or not even be there.