DC socialite confesses her hexes may have killed

What an awful human being. I'm shocked she hasn't been hit with the Karma stick yet. Isn't there a law of what you do (spells ) coming back to the sender ?

Reactions: Paintman
What an awful human being. I'm shocked she hasn't been hit with the Karma stick yet. Isn't there a law of what you do (spells ) coming back to the sender ?
It's the Threef-fold Law, also know as the Law of Return, yes. What is sent out shall be returned three-fold. Sometimes Karma takes it's time, but it will come back at her, according to that law.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
a very interesting point of view for sure.

i figured thats what those terms meant. and i knew what a wiccan is lol, i know quite a few. i just know that a lot of people use the word mysticism, wicca, witchcraft, voodoo, etc. to mean the same thing. but then again i kow a lot of ignorant souls. that's why I'm not totally sure about some terms :confused:

People are misled by holy books and organized religions as well. No religion is the same today as it was a long time ago. What's disturbing to me, is that I'm almost sure that bad people, who had personal agendas, greatly altered holy books and, consequently, the future of the religions forever. In addition, I'm convinced that entire religions were created just to control people, since it's much more efficient to control people's minds and thoughts than it is to use physical force to constantly keep people in line. This is why I feel empowered by the solitary aspect of some pagan religions (I say pagan because most people think of druidry, wicca, etc, as "pagan", and these are the ones I am indeed referring to here, although all religions are pagan by their very nature).

As a result, the only truth we have now is how we feel. If one particular path feels right for you, then it might be. In addition, I feel like it's ok to take various parts of various religions or philosophies and apply them in your life if it feels right for you. When religions were sanitized long ago by those in power, the things they removed might be the things that call out to you. If it feels right, try to see past the labels. You don't have to accept every single aspect of a religion.

Btw, when I say "you", I'm talking about people in general :)

Last edited:
Do people actually think they can't be held criminally responsible for witchcraft? The only thing is it's harder to prove than with other murder weapons.

She should be held accountable, but what exactly that means is something not everyone agrees on. So who ultimately decides and who ultimately applies the punishment? Some might think that our Constitution already has this covered, but there are some laws I just don't agree with.

The other thing I wanted to bring up is that so many people are still brainwashed who think that pagans are evil and devil worshipers. While some people might feel that this woman should be tried, this could resurrect old and dangerous sentiments against pagans, possibly leading to round two of the witch trials.

I just don't see any easy solution here.

She should be held accountable, but what exactly that means is something not everyone agrees on. So who ultimately decides and who ultimately applies the punishment? Some might think that our Constitution already has this covered, but there are some laws I just don't agree with.

The other thing I wanted to bring up is that so many people are still brainwashed who think that pagans are evil and devil worshipers. While some people might feel that this woman should be tried, this could resurrect old and dangerous sentiments against pagans, possibly leading to round two of the witch trials.

I just don't see any easy solution here.
First, pagans and wiccans have nothing to do with the devil. This woman was "playing" with intention. It happens every day. And we do NOT know if her intentions actually had a part in the deaths of these people or not. I agree this kind of thing could lead to another round of witch trials, but even more concerned it opens the door even wider to the "thought police." We're already dangerously close to losing all free speech and thought.

This woman will be held accountable in a different way if she truly had a part in the deaths.... by the Rule of Three and Karma itself or the One.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
First, pagans and wiccans have nothing to do with the devil. This woman was "playing" with intention. It happens every day. And we do NOT know if her intentions actually had a part in the deaths of these people or not. I agree this kind of thing could lead to another round of witch trials, but even more concerned it opens the door even wider to the "thought police." We're already dangerously close to losing all free speech and thought.

This woman will be held accountable in a different way if she truly had a part in the deaths.... by the Rule of Three and Karma itself or the One.
I was referring to her intent to harm others, and in addition, she admitted guilt. And I stated that being pagan isn't evil, which I implied when I mentioned the brainwashing of people.

Punishment can be anything, even shunning. So I wasn't implying she should be executed or imprisoned.