Daylight Savings Time to Become Permanent??

I could do without the change twice a year. I usually adjust quickly to the clock change, but would prefer not having to adjust Spring and Fall.

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
I could do without the change twice a year. I usually adjust quickly to the clock change, but would prefer not having to adjust Spring and Fall.
After all the travel I've done, an hour or two difference either way has no effect on me. I don't even mind resetting the clocks around the house and in the car. What drives me up the wall is resetting the Citizen chronograph watch I bought myself as a retirement gift.

Moving ahead an hour in the spring isn't that bad, but returning to standard time in the fall is a royal pain in the ___. The hands can't move backwards, so I have to advance them to 23 hours later to get the correct time. This of course changes the calendar feature, which I then have to go back and cycle to get the correct date. And no, the date can't go backwards either.

All these changes require an elaborate series of buttons to be pushed in the correct order. If I push a particular button one too many times, I find myself using the "leap year set" feature which will inevitably bite me in the ___ some subsequent February.

Mrs Duke tells me this is what I get for buying a watch smarter than I am.

Duke beat me to it. Anybody that crosses time zones when traveling deals with this more than twice a year. Complaining about changing a clock is just bellyaching. There are far more tedious household chores that are a lot more frequent.

I detest the sun setting before 5 PM in winter. I love long summer evenings and the sun going down late. Gives me lots of zen time in the garden after work.

I would prefer DST year-round. I know that people worry about kids going to school in the dark for 2 months, but they are young, have good eyesight and fast reflexes. ;bg3

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity

At this point, I don't care. Just pick one and stop with the changes!
I think someone was paid to say that. It makes no sense to me. It is changing back and forth that causes the stress and sleep issues. If it was regular time that caused the sleep issues why did our grandparents sleep so well, better than we do with our phones in our hands and television on 24 hours a day.

Reactions: Debi
Eventually the world will go by Universal Time, as astronomers do. Same time all over the world. I'd like that a lot but it won't happen before I depart this planet, unfortunately.

Mr. Garnet thought that with us sticking to the current time change, that the sun won't be overhead at the right time.