Cryptid reported by military unit

In early 2000s in the Congo a team of US SpecOps reported some odd critters they saw. I worked the same area for many years and never saw anything odd. We were warned by locals of some river monster, but every tribe had some warning of some type. They do have river monsters....they're called crocodiles!

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
Alot of soldiers have seen some odd things in Afghanistan. So I can't say this isn't true story.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
Alot of soldiers have seen some odd things in Afghanistan. So I can't say this isn't true story.
Yep, I agree, we have read many posts about this. It sure sounded believable the way it was told.

In early 2000s in the Congo a team of US SpecOps reported some odd critters they saw. I worked the same area for many years and never saw anything odd. We were warned by locals of some river monster, but every tribe had some warning of some type. They do have river monsters....they're called crocodiles!
Never heard that before. You have a source for that Congo story I can read?

Reactions: Lynne
Never heard that before. You have a source for that Congo story I can read?
I don't but I've never looked online for it. The first time i heard about it a buddies buddy had just comeback and tild him the story. The 2nd time I was actually going to the Congo and we happened to have a SEAL team at the same briefing. So I directly asked if they had heard the story. All I got was....there's some weird sh$t out there...good luck.
I just figured it was maybe some known ape possibly walking on 2 legs while traveling through a swampy region and was just miss identified. You hear some wild stories from locals and military. Some of it is believable and some is hard to believe. I always enjoyed hearing the stories though.

Last edited:
I don't but I've never looked online for it. The first time i heard about it a buddies buddy had just comeback and tild him the story. The 2nd time I was actually going to the Congo and we happened to have a SEAL team at the same briefing. So I directly asked if they had heard the story. All I got was....there's some weird sh$t out there...good luck.
I just figured it was maybe some known ape possibly walking on 2 legs while traveling through a swampy region and was just miss identified. You hear some wild stories from locals and military. Some of it is believable and some is hard to believe. I always enjoyed hearing the stories though.
Yes, and being prepared just in case you are in that area.

Reactions: K9-1