Congrats.......

titch2k6

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Ingenuity team on completing the first successful flight on another planet after the helicopter successfully took off to a height of 3m, hovered, and then successfully landed.

Look forward to seeing where this technology progresses.

Amazing ! Thanks for sharing this. What an accomplishment !

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
This is too cool. I have a friend who works at JPL, he's assigned to the previous rover which is still going strong, but they are all in and out of everyone's areas there so he's been keeping me abreast of the helicopter for some 5 years now.

I really think they should have named the area "Sikorsky Field" instead of "Wright Brothers Field", since Igor Sikorsky was the helicopter genius. The Wrights may have been first to fly (and even that has been called into question) but once they did, they stopped all development and refining of their design. The rest of the aeronautical world passed them by.

This is too cool. I have a friend who works at JPL, he's assigned to the previous rover which is still going strong, but they are all in and out of everyone's areas there so he's been keeping me abreast of the helicopter for some 5 years now.

I really think they should have named the area "Sikorsky Field" instead of "Wright Brothers Field", since Igor Sikorsky was the helicopter genius. The Wrights may have been first to fly (and even that has been called into question) but once they did, they stopped all development and refining of their design. The rest of the aeronautical world passed them by.
In our lifetime, GW, we have gone from the fear of Sputnik, to a helicopter flying on Mars. I find this to be amazing that in one person's lifetime we have made such a leap.

My grandmother used to tell me that she was born into horse-and-buggy days and lived to see men walk on the moon. That made an impression on me.

I get really choked up at things like this. When I read that Ingenuity has successfully flown, I was pretty darn proud to be a human being just then. "Look what my people did!"

My grandmother used to tell me that she was born into horse-and-buggy days and lived to see men walk on the moon. That made an impression on me.

I get really choked up at things like this. When I read that Ingenuity has successfully flown, I was pretty darn proud to be a human being just then. "Look what my people did!"
My grandma said the same thing. I still think it’s amazing I can call someone and see them on a screen. I remember thinking as a kid how cool that would be.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah