Coke vs. Pepsi

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
The rivalry between Coke and Pepsi is often referred as the most intense between business competitors in the world. Do you have a preference? Which do you prefer? Is there another soft drink you'd order over Coke or Pepsi?

I don't drink Soda/Pop. Haven't since I was a teenager and got into the tree industry. Soda = sugar Sugar + hot summer days = Dehydration. Seen bigger men than me pass out from it.
Gatorade :D

i have always preferred coke over pepsi normally, but recently have switched to kroger brand "big k" cola...half the price of the name brands and honestly isnt that too far off from coke, flavor wise. was really surprised after trying it.

i have always preferred coke over pepsi normally, but recently have switched to kroger brand "big k" cola...half the price of the name brands and honestly isnt that too far off from coke, flavor wise. was really surprised after trying it.
Likewise. I typically drink the Winn Dixie version.

Cheaper too.

Likewise. I typically drink the Winn Dixie version.

Cheaper too.
i havent seen a Winn Dixie in ages, but we do still have a Piggly Wiggly right down the street....lol... seems kroger and walmart has put all the older, local chains almost out of business in this area.

i havent seen a Winn Dixie in ages, but we do still have a Piggly Wiggly right down the street....lol... seems kroger and walmart has put all the older, local chains almost out of business in this area.
I also drink Walmarts, "Sams" club Diet cola. Not as good as WD but, it will suffice...

I can second the vote for Kroger's Cola Zero, their store brand knock off of Pepsi Zero Sugar. Not quite as sweet, but at half the price a far greater value.

Between Coke and Pepsi, I'm 100% Pepsi. If I go into a restaurant that only serves Coke, I'll opt for ice tea or water. Ironically, I did like the "New Coke" back in the 80s.

I once worked/travelled with a USN colleague who would only eat in restaurants that served Coke. He'd order Coke, but if they didn't serve it, he'd say, "OK, thanks anyway," and walk out.

My favorite soft drink is "Club Lemon" produced in Ireland. It's carbonated, but very tart.

I also drink Walmarts, "Sams" club Diet cola. Not as good as WD but, it will suffice...
some of the store brands have really came a long ways, nothing like i remember from years back when they all seemed to be flat and tasteless. i cant do the diet versions though of any of them, namebrand or otherwise....lol... they leave my throat dry and thirstier than before. just never acquired the taste for them i guess

I can second the vote for Kroger's Cola Zero, their store brand knock off of Pepsi Zero Sugar. Not quite as sweet, but at half the price a far greater value.

Between Coke and Pepsi, I'm 100% Pepsi. If I go into a restaurant that only serves Coke, I'll opt for ice tea or water. Ironically, I did like the "New Coke" back in the 80s.

I once worked/travelled with a USN colleague who would only eat in restaurants that served Coke. He'd order Coke, but if they didn't serve it, he'd say, "OK, thanks anyway," and walk out.

My favorite soft drink is "Club Lemon" produced in Ireland. It's carbonated, but very tart.
i will order sweet tea in restaurants a lot of times over soft drinks, and drink tea a lot at home, love green tea but it tends to cause kidney stones if overdone. not fun. (besides, in the south we are raised on sweetened tea, so not much different than drinking soft drinks anyway)