News Coke doesn't cause weight gain, honest!

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.thejournal.ie/coca-cola-...obesity-2263376-Aug2015/?utm_source=shortlink

SOFT DRINK GIANT Coca Cola has spent millions funding scientists who argue that people should not cut down on their calorie intake.

A New York Times story published yesterday reported that the American arm of the company spent as much as $1.5 million on the launch of the Global Energy Balance Network (GEBN). The network’s scientists endorse the idea that removing fast food and soft drinks from your diet would not help fight obesity.

Instead, the company wanted researchers to argue that working out more could counter the effects of a bad diet.

One of the founders of GEBN, Steven Blair, argues that “fitness trumps fatness” in a number of videos.

This is why your best bet is to read up on studies from independent research institutes or universities. They all get paid the same no matter what the results are!

Here's the rule of thumb to live by - If it tastes good, its "bad" for you. This applies to any food or drink you intend to eat. Sorry, I get an attitude when I am on a diet .:disappointed:

Reactions: surge
Here's the rule of thumb to live by - If it tastes good, its "bad" for you. This applies to any food or drink you intend to eat. Sorry, I get an attitude when I am on a diet .:disappointed:
The corollary to that is "if it tastes bad, it must be good for you." At least that's what my Mom used to say. Ditto for topical medicines and ointments. "When it stings, it means its working." Moms are great psychologists

Reactions: surge and Paintman