CHRISTMAS SPIRIT THREAD!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

TIME FOR A BIT OF CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!
DESPITE THE WEIRD YEAR, LET THE MEMORIES ROLL!

GOT A LETTER FOR SANTA? DEPOSIT HERE...REMEMBER THESE?

128592604_10159111470938724_4944922310658468558_o.jpg

In our case it was the Montgomery Ward Christmas catalog, but yeah, same result.
Oh, we had both! My sister and I would fight over them. Mom would give us our "Santa's Limit" on money to be spent, and we were each given different colored crayons to circle our wishes. If sis wanted the same item, fighting began in earnest.

One year, my parents put only part of our presents out the night before, so we went to bed thinking we were only getting one present apiece. They rest of the presents were labled "from Santa" with red ink. I always felt thrilled to think that Santa knew our names.

We used to fight over this book...

View attachment 28737
Debi, anyone ever remember the old Bennett Brothers catalog ? The Blue Book. It was like a higher-end Sears catalog.
unnamed.jpg
I would pour through last year's catalog and circle stuff.
Great toy section.
Even the old catalogs are worth 90 bucks on eBay... sheesh.

Debi, anyone ever remember the old Bennett Brothers catalog ? The Blue Book. It was like a higher-end Sears catalog.
View attachment 28747
I would pour through last year's catalog and circle stuff.
Great toy section.
Even the old catalogs are worth 90 bucks on eBay... sheesh.
In the late 80s I bought my brother a tie for Christmas at the flagship Neiman-Marcus in Dallas. For the next several years thereafter I got their Christmas catalog by mail, the one that sold things like yachts and gold bathroom fixtures.