Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Who's got it this year?
Do you get it every year?
What triggers it for you?

406471986_768714871964239_4940057771290921259_n.jpg

Funny, but I am no longer stressed about Christmas. There aren't any people to buy gifts for, and I always give my one daughter a gift card for her and my granddaughter. Mr. Garnet and I don't exchange gifts either. I do send a card to my remaining aunt, I always text family on Christmas day. When I was younger, it was major stress time, though!

Funny, but I am no longer stressed about Christmas. There aren't any people to buy gifts for, and I always give my one daughter a gift card for her and my granddaughter. Mr. Garnet and I don't exchange gifts either. I do send a card to my remaining aunt, I always text family on Christmas day. When I was younger, it was major stress time, though!
Ditto. My days of having to get gifts for 15 people are completely over. The only person that I really care to get stuff for every single year is my wife first my brother and stepdaughter and that is about it, and all my shopping is already done…

I'm not a holiday person. I only celebrated them when I lived with my grandparents. Then once I went to live with my mom they stopped. Once I moved out and started working overseas I just kinda forgot about them. Now my wife and I just spent time together and eat fun foods.

I have it a bit this year. Trying to find the wife presents is hard. She also gives me a price limit which is even worse.
She has anxiety due to a few unforseen events. Little does she know in January I'm paying it all off.

Last edited:
I have overcome that issue...I just order it and let him give it to me. lol

She's not really into anything. She likes to exercise and I got her a hydrow rowing thing and some nordic tract thing and that's all she wanted,but that was 2yrs ago...lol

She's not really into anything. She likes to exercise and I got her a hydrow rowing thing and some nordic tract thing and that's all she wanted,but that was 2yrs ago...lol
I am known as impossible to buy for. I don't want anything, so getting me something is a bit of a trick. Told my son I could use a new toaster and he just raised an eyebrow and shook his head. Offered up fluffy socks (the $2 kind) and that didn't fly. So now it's down to Lottery Tickets...lol (I like the dollar scratch offs...lol)

I will note that the older I get, the less Xmas anxiety I get. I honestly think much of it has to do with the hustle and bustle and affording stuff for the kids when you are younger. And of course, my 3 boys always wanted BIG items. Hot wheels were stocking stuffers only.

I used to get anxiety at Christmas when the kids were little and I had little money for gifts. They knew we were poor and they were nice kids so just asked for small presents. We used to make it fun though on a budget. I miss those simple times.