Cheap Childhood Toys

I loved the little things from gumball machines and Cracker Jacks.
Now this is what I'm talkin' about. There were no greater treasures to be found! They brought great satisfaction...for about 15 minutes. lol

Don't forget the McDonald's Kid's Meal toys! Now...those were the best for small toys.

I learned guitar by drawing strings and frets on a board and practicing chords on it that I got from a book. Then I found a $5 guitar (slightly warped) and learned to fingerpick.

I learned guitar by drawing strings and frets on a board and practicing chords on it that I got from a book. Then I found a $5 guitar (slightly warped) and learned to fingerpick.
That is genius level!

Now this is what I'm talkin' about. There were no greater treasures to be found! They brought great satisfaction...for about 15 minutes. lol

Don't forget the McDonald's Kid's Meal toys! Now...those were the best for small toys.
I used to keep all of my trinket treasures in two round metal cake tins - like the kind a fruitcake comes in. And at least once a week I would sit on the floor, dump the entire collection out, and invent scenarios for them to interact. With literally hundreds of little toys I had millions of combinations to play with.

Reactions: Benway and Duke
I had a Spirograph. It was my greatest opportunity to appear artistic.

But please tell me WHO thought it was a great idea to put tiny pushpins into a child‘s toy? Kids put just about everything into their mouth. I’m really lucky that at five years old I was not as stupid as I am today or I’d have taken the pushpin taste test. :mad:

I had balsa planes, Lincoln Logs, Leggos, Slinkies, action figures, (TMNT/Ghostbusters) and a precious few Hotwheels. Hands down, I'd pick Leggos. When I wasn't playing my gaming console, I was tinkering with that. Never did disappoint.

1621699448811.png

Reactions: Benway
All of the above and his one:
1621699659994.jpeg

Reactions: Duke