Technology CERN LIED! NOT 14TeV !! It's 1.148 PeV !!!

Who is really behind this testing. I can't fathom that a bunch of mad scientists ( which is what we have here ) can of their own volition roll the dice with the stakes being so high. The multi-billion euro price tag to build it in the first place would have required deep pockets and political manouvering in high places. Que bono, as Art might ask.

So we got techies and tinkerers here? I know some peeps.

Reactions: 7Critter
Who is really behind this testing. I can't fathom that a bunch of mad scientists ( which is what we have here ) can of their own volition roll the dice with the stakes being so high. The multi-billion euro price tag to build it in the first place would have required deep pockets and political manouvering in high places. Que bono, as Art might ask.
I think it may be possible the brain children of this project are up and out of the trenches in relative safety, while it's possible some poor graduate students are down in that the hole just 'following directions'...

So we got techies and tinkerers here? I know some peeps.
Welcome to the forum, Clean. We do have several Professors around here, many tech people, and at least two scientists on board here.

The Hadron Collider's energy to date is 13 TeV with Protons

They are going to be smashing Pb + Pb (lead atoms) with an output of 1,148 Tev = 1.148 PeV

In Nov-Dec

Home
Do you know that there is talk on the net of china building a bigger collider than the one at Cern ?

Reactions: Maphoo