Catalogs...Mail or Online?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
We all remember the Christmas Catalogs where we went to build our wish list!
But what about those other catalogs that used to fill our mailbox?

Do you still get any? Which ones?
If so, do you look at them?
Do you prefer to just browse the internet shops instead?

Whenever I shop at some mail order sites, they usually send out catalogs afterward. Vermont Country Store, LL Bean, and Lehman's. Sadly, the clothing styles are getting more and more unattractive. Internet shops can be iffy since the colors may not look the same on line as in real time.

Whenever I shop at some mail order sites, they usually send out catalogs afterward. Vermont Country Store, LL Bean, and Lehman's. Sadly, the clothing styles are getting more and more unattractive. Internet shops can be iffy since the colors may not look the same on line as in real time.
I do enjoy just "browsing", without getting ads for everything I "browsed". Therefore those paper catalogs are a plus!

Oh yeah !
Selectric, [ still get the knife book.

My Golf Works catalog is like a combo wish book & bench manual. I even use it like a notebook/ math book in the margins. It's a chaotic way to keep track of my builds.

I love paper catalogs. Slowly going through Bargain Books with the highlighter now. Color coded too ! Vermont Trading Co., Ll Bean., (I'm like Garnetsilver ! ).

As a kid Bennett Brothers was the family wish book. All marked up. Then it was GunList, and later, even got stuff published w/ Krause Publishing. (Gun Digest books.)

Catalogs are fun. Paper 2X funner !

i get a knife catalog and a couple other outdoors catalogs. along with the northern tool and harbor freight catalogs....i dont mail order much unless theres just no other way, i much rather be able to actually see and feel what im getting, so the catalogs are for "window shopping", then its a trip to the store, bass pro, harbor freight etc... to actually buy.....and i never order clothes or shoes without first seeing them.

I used to get the knife catalogs, militaria & surplus. Now its mostly just seed catalogs in January.
i still get the Edmund catalog, though they are strictly optical designers & manufacturers for industry. Edmund Industrial Optics, no longer the purveyors of military surplus optics and other wonders.