Open Lines Can You Spare Eight Months and $93,000?

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
Than you too can take the World's longest cruise around the world with Viking Cruise Lines. What are your opinions? If you had the money, would you do it?

The World’s Longest Cruise Is 245 Days, Costs $93,000
by PAUL BRADY
May 2, 2018
Try getting this time off work: Viking Cruises just announced the longest-ever world cruise, a continuous, 59-country, 245-day journey that will fully circumnavigate the world and hit every continent except Antarctica. The trip departs London on August 31, 2019 and doesn’t end until you return to the city on May 2, 2020.

Among the stops scheduled for the 113-port trip are Reykjavik, quite a few Caribbean islands, many lesser-visited South American cities including a few in Patagonia, six stops in the South Pacific, tons in Southeast Asia, and a few key spots in the Mediterranean, including Valletta, Cagliari, and Algiers. (And this is like a fraction of the full list.) Overall, the voyage is almost twice as long as the world cruise Viking arranged in 2017, which clocked in at a relatively pedestrian 141 days.

The 2019-2020 itinerary will be aboard the Viking Sun, the newest ship from one of the world’s top-rated cruise lines, according to Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards. The 930-passenger vessel has a sleek Scandinavian look, a gorgeous infinity pool at the stern, and private balconies for every cabin. It’s also got a spacious spa complete with an appropriately Nordic sauna and a “snow grotto,” for chilling out between hot tub dips.

Rates for the journey start at $92,990—or $379.55 per day—but that includes “business class international air, transfers to and from the ship, all gratuities and service fees, three complimentary visa services, free luggage shipping services,” and pretty much any booze you’d like to drink on board, Viking says. And should 245 days be a bit too long a trip, Viking is also letting guests book portions of the trip: A 127-day spell goes from London to Los Angeles (for $47,995), while a 119-day voyage goes from L.A. back to the U.K. (for $45,995). Surely your boss would go for one of those?

This Insane Cruise Costs $93,000 and Hits 59 Countries in Eight Months

Reactions: Paintman
Ok if I had the extra cash I’d go ! This would be an amazing trip. Think of all you could see and expierence in less than a year. You’d have a lifetime of memories! If I win the big lotto we’re going

93000. dollars......nope, cant drink enough rum to make that worth it....wait, never mind rum, they better break out the Dom Perignon for that cruise,...lol..... after about 2 weeks i would be so bored i would be volunteering for laundry duty or something.

Why is that, Paint? I wouldn't either by the way, just curious as to your reasons.
Just wanted to work in flat Earth :p
But just thinking about it, I suppose I like to come & go when on vacation. The ship would leave without me while I was lost in a museum.

Reactions: Seahunter