Can Dogs Sense ParaNormal Activity ?

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
Can Dogs sense paranormal activity?
Author: Ryley Allen

Stories of apparitions and ghosts have fascinated me since I was little. Full of details, but scarce of “real” information, horror stories and monsters have the peculiarity of repeating themselves, in the same way that archetypes do, in each culture.

Just as the moon and the sun have been venerated by every human civilization, we find dogs constantly as messengers or protectors of the passage into the world of death. Anubis, the Egyptian god whose bust was a resemblance of a jackal/dog, or Cerberus the Greek mythological dog of 3 heads that guarded the entrance of the Averno, seems to indicate that, for some reason, we linked dogs with the mysterious world of the undead.

It’s not strange at all to hear legends and myths, with references like if dogs howl between 3 and 4 am supposes a bad omen, or more commonly: if dogs bark for no apparent reason is “because they are feeling a presence.” Particularly black dogs have been hunted by some unscrupulous practitioners of the occult sciences, a practice that we must condemn as it may.

More including video: https://dogsloveusmore.com/2018/03/26/can-dogs-sense-paranormal-activity/

I know mine can! When I have any type of activity here, they are right on it. Sometimes before I am. And not just one of them...all three of them. Plus the cat.

Yes, I'd say most animals, have the same psychic mechanism as humans.

Humans, having evolved the faculty of super intellect, tend to communicate with the world, in rather a measured way, limiting their ability to allow full freedom to their psychic abilities.
Animals, on the other hand with their less sophisticated means of communication, live totally integrated with their own psyches.

It's very probable that animals live totally at one their physical and psychic existences, not noticing any difference between the two.

Humans, on the other hand, make a big hu ha about physical and psychic phenomena being different, but it's only our intellect that has decided they are two different things. It is our mind, that divides them.

The price we humans pay for having evolved into such clever clogs is, we ain't so psychic any more.

Thank you, interesting question, xx

Reactions: ozentity
I believe they are! If my dog or cats act up I pay attention. The other day I said nothing happens at my house that's kinda true and kinda not true. Lights go off for no reason sometimes and when the cats and dogs are sleeping they will sometimes jump up like someone scared them and the cats run but my dog gets really mad. Also lately things go missing and turn up in places I just looked and my dog growls when this happens and wont leave my side.

Reactions: ozentity and Armand
I can answer that question and say yes, but the fact that they can, is disturbing they sense a lot of things, my dog in Alabama was a beast she wasn't afraid of anything but one night about 3 am I got up went to the kitchen and she was on the table shaking i petted her and she didn't want me to stop i went to the sink turned the overhead light on and I saw a 3 foot snake skin coming out of the the door under the sink I got a very cold sensation inside me I was terrified and could never sleep well in that house again because I never caught the snake( I really wasn't looking) although I did see it slither across the floor one night and big bad me wanted to jump on the table myself.
I have never thought of myself as someone who fears snakes but you have to understand in the south they are poisonous here in Michigan they are not. I asked around at work "What do you do if you get bit?" answer was "You die" I always thought they had some sort of way to suck the poison out or a snake remedy kit you could buy.
As far as them sensing ghosts that I'm sure of, I think they have a sense of well being and anything that gives off a vibe they are alerted to. like Charleh said if the dog is upset you need to pay attention because it's for a reason.

Reactions: ozentity
in the south they are poisonous
I go for walks and bike rides in the early mornings. I saw a sign recently posted at a trail head near my house warning of copperhead snakes recently seen. Yikes ! I encountered a small one once while mowing a neighbor's lawn. I am so glad that their weedy area has been cleared because I still mow that lawn.

Reactions: Armand