Beatles or Stones?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
68721659_2500543933316900_1976541364048887808_n.png

Reactions: garnetsilver
OK, confession time. I've never been a Beatles fan. I know many will be flabbergasted that someone did not like the Beatles. I saw them on their first appearance on the Sullivan show and nope.....nuthin'.

I saw them on their first appearance on the Sullivan show and nope.....nuthin'.
You like I were a bit young to fully appreciate their entrance into America. I could not figure out the hysteria of some fans.

I like the Beatles and the Stones, but prefer listening to Beatle songs.

the beatles set records that have stood till this day..... the early stones were good and were one of my faves back in my younger years..... I didn't really get into the beatles until my mid 20's and looked at the full spectrum of their rise..... they were the goal and inspiration of just about every band in the 70's.... their legacy, and style of music is what is incredible.... I think what I like and attracts me to them is the timing. an example of fate or serendipity, sometimes, something comes along that's just meant to be...whether its just being in the right place at the right time, or having something that is so unique and yours that it makes a statement that just pulls everything towards you....not often something like that comes along with true lasting power...... the beatles were just meant to be.

I like both, but like Debi, I never understood what all the fuss was about. Probably I was too young when they first became a thing; I think I was in kindergarten. I started liking the Stones in my teens and have favorite songs by them that I still listen to.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter