Be my Valentine

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Valentine's Day is special.
It's not meant for just couples, but also reminds us to love all those in our life that are special to us!
Children, parents, pets, all living creatures.

What are your memories of Valentine's Day as a child?
What Valentine's Day brought you something special?
What are you doing for this year's Valentine's Day?

(My husband and I will celebrate 47 years of marriage.)

Valentine's Day is special.
It's not meant for just couples, but also reminds us to love all those in our life that are special to us!
Children, parents, pets, all living creatures.

What are your memories of Valentine's Day as a child?
What Valentine's Day brought you something special?
What are you doing for this year's Valentine's Day?

(My husband and I will celebrate 47 years of marriage.)

32 years tomorrow for us. Our evening will be spent watching our granddaughter test for her next martial arts belt.

32 years tomorrow for us. Our evening will be spent watching our granddaughter test for her next martial arts belt.
Outstanding! My oldest has a black belt in Taekwando.

Congrats to you and Mrs. Duke! My hubs thought it was only 46 years but we figured out he lost a year with all his hospital stays...lol

We shall be spending our evening like this:
T2.jpg

We shall be spending our evening like this:
View attachment 46003

That's about what Valentines Day will look like for my Wife and I. She's not a big fan of Valentines Day to begin with, her attitude is that a couple should show appreciation for each other all year round because they are thinking of each other. Only doing something nice because of some sappy holiday is the exact opposite of what a strong couple should be.

Plus, she is a teacher and this week is being dedicated to parent teacher conferences. She has to be at the school 8AM to 8PM to accommodate all parents. By Thursday she will be a zombie, but will have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. To the extent that we are doing anything Valentines related I'm cooking one of her favorite meals on Saturday; Prime rib.

That's about what Valentines Day will look like for my Wife and I. She's not a big fan of Valentines Day to begin with, her attitude is that a couple should show appreciation for each other all year round because they are thinking of each other. Only doing something nice because of some sappy holiday is the exact opposite of what a strong couple should be.
I agree! Both with the meme and what Stevedog says.

When I was a kid in school, I hated Valentine's day because the teacher made us buy little cards for the whole class ( so that no one would be left out) and I hated knowing that the cards were only given because we had to. (Especially if I had a crush on a boy.

My fur babies are my Valentines, too!

I agree! Both with the meme and what Stevedog says.

When I was a kid in school, I hated Valentine's day because the teacher made us buy little cards for the whole class ( so that no one would be left out) and I hated knowing that the cards were only given because we had to. (Especially if I had a crush on a boy.

My fur babies are my Valentines, too!
We all made our Valentine's card boxes out of shoeboxes in "Art" time. This was a major deal all the way to 6th grade! (Our elementary went first grade through 6th.) We did the cards for everyone deal as well. I actually had a great time with it all...lol