Bay leaf magic/Smudging

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Bay Leaf Magic: Burn and Banish

One of my favorite herbs is bay, also known as laurel. Burning a bay leaf can cleanse the energy of a space, banish negativity, communicate your wishes to the gods, and is even said to break curses. If you want to learn more about bay leaf magic, read on.

Bay laurel is a shrubby tree with aromatic green leaves. You may have cooked with it, and may even have a few leaves in your spice cabinet. The dry green leaves are wonderful in soups and stews, and impart an herbal flavor.

More at site

Many people want to know another good prayer besides St. Michael's to do when smudging. Here's one I found for you that should be good for most faiths

49678652_2265254243534751_2769459826596511744_n.png

On watching the burning of the bay leaf I noticed it was a fast burn and little smoke. How would someone smudge with this? Or is it for something else?

On watching the burning of the bay leaf I noticed it was a fast burn and little smoke. How would someone smudge with this? Or is it for something else?
You would have to use several. I don't recommend it so much for smudging, but for the "magic" work and banishment it's good to go. I just kind of put both on one thread here, Lynne.

Reactions: Lynne
You would have to use several. I don't recommend it so much for smudging, but for the "magic" work and banishment it's good to go. I just kind of put both on one thread here, Lynne.
Got it! I’m learning.

Reactions: Debi